FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thank God The Politicains Look Out For Me.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They can't screw up enough here on the planet, why not reach for the stars!

And NOS, this IS your party.

Your really out there. Far out!
No, it's NOT my party. I'm not a card-carrying member or even a financial supporter.

But you know what? I agree with it. Do you really want a radioactive detonation in LEO because of a floating arsenal that gets struck by a meteorite or micro-meteorite?

I agree with Martin staying out of the missle defence plan, and I agree with this too. Deal with it, guys. We don't need more weapons in this day and age.

Don't get me started.
How many years away are we from living out in space? Do I give 2 shits? No.

Another waste of taxpayers money.

Now who's to say that we wont NEED weapons in outer space. Sure the human race is all about destoying s**t, but what makes you think their isnt another species out in space that are way worse than us.

What are we going to do if our space station is attacked by aliens...Throw them the peace sign? Get ET to call home and call them off?

I'm all about peace and stuff, but my main goal is protecting my own ass, if I need a weapon to do it then I better be able to have it in my hands.
Here's a fact... if aliens show up, at our door, with murder on their minds... a tactical nuke will do no more than have them laughing as they leave.

You're talking about a waste of taxpayers' money. That's what I call nukes in space.

We're just harnessing lasers as weapons and barely beyond solid-fuel for spaceships... never mind extended missions.

They got here how and want to do what? We're not going to be able to stop them.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 11 2006, 11:36 AM Wrote:They got here how and want to do what? We're not going to be able to stop them.
[right][snapback]164500[/snapback][/right]

So we roll over like bitches? Maybe you. Not me.
Nope, hardly. I just don't honestly believe we're going to be in any shape to stop them.

Nukes aren't the answer, at least. If we have something really new and pioneering that will cause obscene amounts of damage to pretty much any surface / matter (railguns with cows loaded in them?), then maybe.

Bullets? Nope. Nukes? We'll poison ourselves before we win. Lasers? Maybe, with enough power behind them. Right now that's several city blocks of power, and anything invading earth will have seen that we depend on electricity for power and you better believe that will be the first to go.

Wow, a decent discussion about alien invasions. Whodathunkit?
You honestly think we'll be dealing with nukes by the time we have a fully built/populated space station.

I dont.

What I'm trying to say is this 'bill' or whatever you want to call it is a complete waste. How in da fawk does any government know if we will need weapons or not in the future. I think thats up to the future politicains to decide, not the present morons.
Hahahaha this is funny.

You ever seen the original war of the worlds, the nukes didnt stop them!!!!!!!!!

Richard Bransen is ready to conduct space flights. Sight seeing...outerspace, thats cool as hell.

Aliens are not coming, yet. So put your tin foil hats away.
I hope we aren't... nothing that is a danger of radioactive fallout, anyways.
wow.. canada to ban space weapons...

Do we even have a spaceship or launch capabilities to enforce this banning?

why don't we try banning weapons coming in from the borders we DO have control over.

retards.
darkpuppet,Jan 11 2006, 11:14 AM Wrote:why don't we try banning weapons coming in from the borders we DO have control over.
[right][snapback]164514[/snapback][/right]

That's the problem, thanks to the Americans and our willingness to appease them in order to further the economy, we have next to no control over what comes over our borders.

If we can get it past a simple magnetic wand scan (and obviously no-one is coming through customs personally with a gun), it'll get in.

We ought to tighten our borders up to the same standard as the Americans, require them to have valid passports (as they now require of us), etc. But no government will. So we're screwed.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 11 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jan 11 2006, 11:14 AM Wrote:why don't we try banning weapons coming in from the borders we DO have control over.

That's the problem, thanks to the Americans and our willingness to appease them in order to further the economy, we have next to no control over what comes over our borders.

[right][snapback]164515[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to Americans we have a successful economy in this country. If we didn't ahve open borders we'd be screwed.
You really should learn a little before you start talking econmics with an economics major.
We depend on them. They don't depend on us so much. If they closed their borders we would be begging for forgiveness and giving in to their every need.
This conversation is hilarious.
Both sides are so stupid... A. We dont need weapons in space because if aliens can get here they have technology far superior then ours already and we are just sitting ducks... and B. Puppet is so right with his spaceship comment about us... too funny.

Man people worry far too much in this world... But this really isnt a worrysum topic... its ... people want way too much power in this world.

As long as I make it to 60.. happy.. after that they can blow this world up for good... were doomed for implosion sooner or later... all the world leaders are power hungry idiots. Itll just take one of them to snap.
tdot-zx3,Jan 11 2006, 03: Wrote:This conversation is hilarious.

[right][snapback]164553[/snapback][/right]

...why dont you be a little more positive and answer my Cel question I posted about the civic. :P
I guess this debate is easier than arguing about funding for education. Why waste time on a real issue?
actually, i take it back...

we DO have the launch capability!
OMG "How to serve man" is..........................a cook book!!!
meford4u,Jan 11 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 11 2006, 11:27 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]164515[/snapback][/right]

Thanks to Americans we have a successful economy in this country. If we didn't ahve open borders we'd be screwed.
You really should learn a little before you start talking econmics with an economics major.
We depend on them. They don't depend on us so much. If they closed their borders we would be begging for forgiveness and giving in to their every need.
[right][snapback]164522[/snapback][/right]

I didn't do bad in economics myself, thanks, but I elected to go into IT.

My opinions as they are don't supplant the obvious... we DO capitulate in terms of lax border security and immigration even in the face of them insulting us repeatedly.

Your attempt to stir s**t again is noted.
we will never be able to replace the trade with the US but I believe we can soften the blow of there economy tanking if we starting trading allot more with China, Europe and some African nations.

Laterz :)
Pages: 1 2