FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Euro Hood Lock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I originally posted this at the end of "Frost's facelift" but maybe I will get more responces in a new thread.

My cousin in England priced me a Euro Grill, Lock Barrel and Key. He was quoted 44 Pound Sterling or about $90 Canadian. I have family making the trip soon. Is that a good price or should I source one here in Canada? If it is a good price is there anything else I would need?

What about turn signals? Are they in the Euro grill?

Also he is asking for the year and chassis # to order the kit. Is that really required to order these parts. I asked him to find me a used set but he can only source new. So he is going to the local Ford store. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
theyre in the euro bumper, euro cars dont have the same grille as us and canadian cars, u need a euro bumper to be "OEM" or you need to do some hack mods to put signals behind ur grilel to be "Ghetto"

01-yellow-ZX3

Thats a decent price, like Paolo said make sure you have a Euro grille to go with it.

Make sure it includes all the parts, including the key though! There is a ton of tiny pieces in the bags.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 10 2006, 05:15 PM Wrote:What about turn signals? Are they in the Euro grill?
[right][snapback]164385[/snapback][/right]

Euro grills do not include signal lights.. the Focus in Europe used signal lights in the bumpers from 99-01, and signals in the headlights for 02-04. You can either get an early euro bumper with signal lights, facelift euro headlights (or some of the other aftermarket headlights with signals), or you can retrofit signal lights behind the euro grill.

If you're getting the upper euro grill, you should also pick up a lower grill to match (if you're using a stock bumper).
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 10 2006, 07:15 PM Wrote:I originally posted this at the end of "Frost's facelift" but maybe I will get more responces in a new thread.

My cousin in England priced me a Euro Grill, Lock Barrel and Key. He was quoted 44 Pound Sterling or about $90 Canadian. I have family making the trip soon. Is that a good price or should I source one here in Canada? If it is a good price is there anything else I would need?

What about turn signals? Are they in the Euro grill?

Also he is asking for the year and chassis # to order the kit. Is that really required to order these parts. I asked him to find me a used set but he can only source new. So he is going to the local Ford store. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]164385[/snapback][/right]

you need to have the Euro Hood latch with the locking barrel to go with this other wise it will not work.....

you have to Cut the cable to remove the american hood latch mounted behind the egg crate thing there. Then undo the two bolts holding it in place, un-plug the wiring to the american to the latch last, because you can use that wire to fish out the latch better like I found. this wires are connected to your dash caution light to tell you, your hood is open, or gas door is open, DO NOT CUT THESE WIRES.

you have to plug in the wiring to the euro hood lock and then fish it back into place making sure the it's in it's mounting plate, but you have to add the locking barrel into the egg crate thing first, all you do is push it into place and it fits in there with no modifing needed. Just make sure the Key is flat (see pic) going in as that's how the egg crate thing is shaped to hold it.

like in this pic:

[Image: 000_0235.jpg]

after you fit the barrel, put the latch into place and then bolt it back into place, make sure there is no play with the key or movement in the barrel to the latch ( ie. moving back when you push the key in ) because other wise the key will not open the hood once you have the grille in place.

If your doing this all yourself it will take you about an hour or so.
I went mad ghetto on my turn signals.

they cost $8 in the end, lots of tape and popsickle sticks.

but now i hope to buy the reiger kit where you can see the turn signals from the front and side located in the front bumper so I cna just dump the ugly ones.
Yeah, I think I am giving up on the hood lock idea. I am not ready to either replace my front bumper cover or change to ST170 headlights. So for now I am going to order the stock grille with the clear lens turn signals listed in the BUY ITEMS forum. LINK But thank you all for the input. The knowledge on this site is outstanding. I have checked out some other sites and this by far is the most useful.

Thanks a bunch.

Kevin.
Honestly. doing a Euro Facelift change over is not that much, the 2002+ facelift light are just over $300 same and there are now a few choices on Mitch's and Sasha's site that are budge friendly.

Same goes with ST170's now

in total for the headlights you choose, and euro hood lock ( $100 ) and grille again you choose now is far less then 6 months ago, you can do this for as little as $450 ~ $700 not including shipping.

really it's on on your budget, and style.
Budget is the word.

Single father + Rent + Daycare + Insurance + Food = little money for Mods.

Maybe after taxes. I have a few ideas that will cost next to nothing. Like installing my homemade headlight eyelids. Tinting my side markers and maybe my front turn signals. I still need to find a pasenger side Sparco seat base and slider to install my other seat. So time will tell. maybe come spring I will be in a better position to do a swap out.

But thanks for all the input and encouragement.

Its coming, baby steps. LOL
well you could always go the route I did. and go for used.

my bumper I got of e-bay.co.uk, same with the euro clock, and some other random parts,

and the St170 grille I got used here.

and sell off what your not using helps in the mod budget a little it's why my project has taken over 8 months so far just to do the front end, and it's almost done.

01-yellow-ZX3

Quote:after you fit the barrel, put the latch into place and then bolt it back into place, make sure there is no play with the key or movement in the barrel to the latch ( ie. moving back when you push the key in ) because other wise the key will not open the hood once you have the grille in place.

After reading FJ before installing mine, the guys recommended using a piece of rubber gas hose to keep things tight. I've had mine thru 2 winters now with the gas hose, and 0 problems.

Definitely recommend doing this!
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 20 2006 Wrote:
Quote:after you fit the barrel, put the latch into place and then bolt it back into place, make sure there is no play with the key or movement in the barrel to the latch ( ie. moving back when you push the key in ) because other wise the key will not open the hood once you have the grille in place.

After reading FJ before installing mine, the guys recommended using a piece of rubber gas hose to keep things tight. I've had mine thru 2 winters now with the gas hose, and 0 problems.

Definitely recommend doing this!
[right][snapback]166160[/snapback][/right]

I used a simple washer attached to the barrel