FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Pass Me A Kleenex, I Just Gooed Myself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official Pics: Prodrive P2 (Impreza based Super Car "345bhp")

Prodrive boss David Richards says his firm’s P2 sports car has proved its engineering abilities – even though the Banbury-based operation has no plans to put the two-seater into production.

The P2, which is scheduled to make its first public appearance at this weekend’s Autosport International Racing Car Show in Birmingham, is based on Subaru running gear. The size of an MGF, its 345bhp tweaked Impreza engine propels it to 174mph and from 0-60mph in just 3.8 seconds. The car also features Prodrive’s own anti-lag and active torque dynamics systems.

Richards says the project, which only received the green light in March, has been a rewarding exercise for his staff. ‘One of the P2 team’s biggest achievements, apart from meeting the schedule, has been making a car that looks right, despite all of today’s limitations,’ said Richards. ‘I’ve learned a lot about the constraints on designers in this process.’

The Peter Stevens-styled P2 is set to start testing in February but Richards insists there are no plans for a production run. ‘The idea of the P2, apart from showcasing our engineering abilities, was to demonstrate to the staff what they can achieve when they are pulling together on one project,’ he said. ‘I’m confident it has achieved that.’

[Image: 10166115672.jpg]

[Image: 101661158591.jpg]

[Image: 101661158592.jpg]

[Image: 101661158593.jpg]

[Image: 10166120110.jpg]

[Image: 10166120111.jpg]

[Image: 10166120112.jpg]

[Image: 10166120123.jpg]
Jebus that is fawkin ugly. :blink:

But its fast, so it's ok. :P :lol:
:huh: :huh: WTF

Fast or not OMG that thing is so ugly!!
that's not ugly... those are lines that sleek right out to murcielago proportions on accelleration. They had to do that so you'd actually see the thing leave a stop light instead of just appearing to teleport from one to the next.

I agree with 2001 ZTS, I need a kleenex (I'll get my own thanks).
this what happens when engineers design a car.
It won't happen but it is what the next STi should be. They've been too long without a Coupe.
The worst part is that they actually won't produce it, but they'll build and test one anyways. What a letdown.

I'd have to seriously bust my butt to afford it, but I'd nix other plans to get one. That's just plain sexy.
Ugliest car I've seen lately but I 'respect' the power aspect very much so.....
IT WOULD BE GOING BY YOU TOO FAST TO SEE HOW UGLY IT WAS....
those styling cue are sharp and that engine looks like a rats nest. But yeah the faster you go the better it looks
Reminds me of the Group B rally cars.
I like it!
now THATS a concept, its pretty nice, except a 'supercar' at only 345hp? I thought 500+hp was supercar worthY?
omg :puke:
Looks like a Mitsu, Eclipse on drugs!
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 11 2006, 08:42 PM Wrote:now THATS a concept, its pretty nice, except a 'supercar' at only 345hp?  I thought 500+hp was supercar worthY?
[right][snapback]164576[/snapback][/right]

I don't think the HP matters much. it's more of a total performance deal. Going fast is only part of the equation.

I bet that car is nice and light