FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2 months ago, i purchased a MIL eliminator from steeda. When i received it, i removed my SCT chip for winter and installed the MIL elim. 1 weeks after, A CEL came on and disappeared the following day. 4 days later, CEL came on 2 days and then disappeared. It does this each week from the day i uninstalled my chip and now the CEL is permanent for about 7-8 days.

Is it possible that the MIL eliminator doesnt work ? I didnt not see any lost in performance. My MPG is low but its winter .... :ph34r:

Did you do the Odometer DTC code check to see what was thrown?
DTC = none :unsure:
Ick. Time to visit the dealer!
i don't want to pay 40$ just to check if my MIL works ....
Hrm. Interesting notion. Ignore it?

And on that note, why remove the chip? I'm dead serious.
because my car will reach 60000 km in the next month and i want a full bumper-to-bumper check-up, I think it includes a ECU scan and i dont want to ?$%&&/" my warranty because of a chip
But you think they won't notice a header? I take it that's the reason you have the MIL eliminator and 2nd O2 delete with the SCT tune.

Just pointing stuff out man.
i asked my dealer if a header voided my warranty and he said no. After i asked him about a chip and he said : hmmmm. So i don't want to take a chance.

But the real question is : How can i test a MIL eliminator ?
You're lucky and/or your dealer is quite stupid, as a header obviously messes with emissions when it deletes the cat. Come to think of it, that might not actually mess with the warranty as it doesn't affect the physical running of the engine... completely when you've got either the MIL or SCT installed. It's a pretty grey area, actually.

As for the MIL eliminator, plug the SCT back in. If the CEL goes away then I'd say you might have a faulty MIL eliminator.
A header wont void his warranty. Either would the chip per say, but its up to you to prove them that your aftremarket parts are not causing the problem. Like, the dealer cant void warranty work on his stock CD player because he has a header. ;)
nothing will void a warranty.

sections of warranties can be avoided on certain parts, if the performance part in question affected the engine to cause this problem, THEN they can deny you.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 11 2006, 05:38 PM Wrote:You're lucky and/or your dealer is quite stupid, as a header obviously messes with emissions when it deletes the cat. Come to think of it, that might not actually mess with the warranty as it doesn't affect the physical running of the engine... completely when you've got either the MIL or SCT installed. It's a pretty grey area, actually.

As for the MIL eliminator, plug the SCT back in. If the CEL goes away then I'd say you might have a faulty MIL eliminator.
[right][snapback]164527[/snapback][/right]

but if i plug the chip back in, i have to disconnect the battery. And if the battery is disconnected, then the CEL will disappear <_< I'm wasting my time ....

what can i do to check if my MIL elim. is working. Any resistance value (ohm) ?
The CEL disappeared again .... :huh: new record : 6 days on !!! :lol:
I had the same misadventures with my race header too. The only difference is my MIl eliminator was from Focus Central.

The catalitic converter light not the CEL, came on everytime I beat the hell out of the car. The light stayed on for a couple of days (about a week) of normal driving and simply disapeared afterward.

Everytime I repeated some aggressive behavior to the engine the light came back. No driving issue or bad gas mileage, just a stupid little light.

Personnally I beleive the MIL is only good at low RPM for normal day to day driving. Anyway, the light is just annoying and dosen't really affect the performance of the car.

I say live with it and don't worry.