FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fc Political Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Did anyone watch the debate lastnight?

Jack Layton made the debate feel like the Jerry Lewis telethon.

So who will it be in your house?
Watched most of it.

Layton i found was trying to act like the "savior" pushing his 3rd alternative BS. Well Jack, 3rd alternative means 3rd place for you.

Gilles Duceppe I found was pretty good and now I'm starting to understand why the Bloc is so popular in Québec.

Stephen Harper was doing kinda well, some of his facts I think were a little misleading. I.E. when asked about handguns, he says that handguns have been "Banned" in Canada for a number of years. Well in fact handguns are Restricted firearms (with a few exeptions such as a fully automatic Glock).

As for our fearless leader Paul Martin, what he lost in political points he made up in his blood pressure. He got somewhat pissed when the other leaders kept on him about the various scandals. He calls these statements personnal smear attacks or something like that on him.

I think the end of the race last night ended up like this.

1. Gilles Duceppe
2. Stephen Harper
3. Jack Layton (the third man always)
4. Paul "I'm so absolutely F***ed" Martin
Paul was the only guy to address education and the farmers. He seemed to have his s**t together and vowed to keep us on the right track more than the other croonies.

Gilles can gargle my beanbag
Layton made me feel like I was joining some sort of church
Harper held his own and had his olive branch knawed off a couple of times
Martin wanted to discuss the future, not the past.
You go right ahead and vote Liberal Anthony. You work for an AD Agency.

We all know where our hard earn $$$ went.
meford4u,Jan 10 2006, 10:28 AM Wrote:You go right ahead and vote Liberal Anthony.  You work for an AD Agency.

[right][snapback]164198[/snapback][/right]

Never said I was votin Liberal.
Like I said, Harper has the right idea with woking together on common grounds.
meford4u,Jan 10 2006, 09:28 AM Wrote:You go right ahead and vote Liberal Anthony.  You work for an AD Agency.

[right][snapback]164198[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now that's funny!!!

vote bloc!

actually, you'd have to be absolutely retarded to vote in someone who'd split the country in half to suit their own agenda
darkpuppet,Jan 10 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:vote bloc!

actually, you'd have to be absolutely retarded to vote in someone who'd split the country in half to suit their own agenda
[right][snapback]164207[/snapback][/right]

What do you think Harper's gonna do? He's gonna sell us out to the US.

It seems that every party has something that we all fear.

- Harper will sell us out to the US and destroy public healthcare.
- Duceppe will split the country.
- Martin will turn canada in to San Franciscoland.
- Harris will screw up the economy.
- Layton will screw up everything else.
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 10 2006, 09:42 AM Wrote:What do you think Harper's gonna do?  He's gonna sell us out to the US.
[right][snapback]164211[/snapback][/right]

at least that's as a package deal, and not peacemeal to the rest of the world... We can't afford to lose quebec.. and you have to realize that the bloc isn't out for canada, they're out for Quebec and quebec only. How is that good for Canada? More french emersion education? yay...
darkpuppet,Jan 10 2006, 10:46 AM Wrote:at least that's as a package deal, and not peacemeal to the rest of the world... We can't afford to lose quebec.. and you have to realize that the bloc isn't out for canada, they're out for Quebec and quebec only.  How is that good for Canada?  More french emersion education?  yay...
[right][snapback]164215[/snapback][/right]

Well, every elected representative is supposed to do what is best for his/her riding. The bloc just has that other idea of splitting the country.

Now that I think of it, if Quebec separates, we lose all of the following:

- Quebec Liberal ad agencies
- Crooked liberal politicians
- Celine Dion

Doesn't sound like a bad idea now that I think of it.
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 10 2006, 09:54 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jan 10 2006, 10:46 AM Wrote:at least that's as a package deal, and not peacemeal to the rest of the world... We can't afford to lose quebec.. and you have to realize that the bloc isn't out for canada, they're out for Quebec and quebec only.  How is that good for Canada?  More french emersion education?  yay...
[right][snapback]164215[/snapback][/right]

Well, every elected representative is supposed to do what is best for his/her riding. The bloc just has that other idea of splitting the country.

Now that I think of it, if Quebec separates, we lose all of the following:

- Quebec Liberal ad agencies
- Crooked liberal politicians
- Celine Dion

Doesn't sound like a bad idea now that I think of it.
[right][snapback]164218[/snapback][/right]

and about 40% of canada's economic power...
I've always believed in listen nationally, vote locally. On that note, our MP (Liberal) has worked like mad in a minority government to deal with things that matter most to us here.

I've been around politics half my life, hence I know to stay away from those televised dog and pony shows.

Duceppe is a moron. An absolute moron. He'll say whatever he can on TV to distract Canadians from the fact he's an anti-nationalist terrorist. The man wants to separate from Canada, nuff said. He should be excluded from national-level debates as he could care less about the rest of Canada save for expanding Quebec's borders.

Layton... video professor, nuff said. He has no position on anything, and when asked about whether he wants to lead or not... he just wants more seats.

Harper... it was said best above... all of our foreign policy, our trade matters, immigration and law enforcement... it all becomes a shadow to whatever the US does. Give us enough time, and we'd be sending troops to the States to deal with illegal Mexican immigrants, nevermind the "democracy" installment of the week. Harper will subsidize day care... and where do you think the money will go that would have been spent otherwise? Into the kiddies' trust funds? Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Martin: He's old. He's not very trustworthy. But you can't deny that our economy came up like anything after the 90s and now we're doing rather well inded. He pressed the US on the beef ban incessantly. He's still railing about the wood tariffs. And he told Bush to stick it where Congress doesn't shine for both Iraq and Bush's beloved missile defence plan while maintaining NORAD under a perpetual agreement (much better than the previous "every 5 years" crap).

Sorry, but the only difference with the latest scandals is that they got sloppy. Every government has dishonest types. If you think electing Harper's government for their supposed clarity act will fix things, think again.

When people are at the trough, it will always occur one way or the other.

NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 10:02 AM Wrote:.......... But you can't deny that our economy came up like anything after the 90s and now we're doing rather well inded. ..........[right][snapback]164223[/snapback][/right]

What's to say it wouldn't have done well anyway without the Liberals?
Conservatives, this country needs a change already. So sick of the liberal and NDP bullshit!! That thing last night on TV was a joke, especially Layton.
S2,Jan 10 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:Conservatives, this country needs a change already.  So sick of the liberal and NDP bullshit!!  That thing last night on TV was a joke, especially Layton.
[right][snapback]164226[/snapback][/right]

You guys out west realize that if Harper gets a majority, you all become his oilsands and natural gas whores and the lower cost of energy that all Canadians could enjoy goes away so Harper can satiate the needs of the US FIRST.

Remember Katrina? Picture that all year round. Yeah, that's right. It makes the winter-elevated gas prices and cost to heat your home right now look REAL good.

Enjoy your Conservative dictatorship. I'll just move to solar that much sooner.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 10 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:
S2,Jan 10 2006, 10:16 AM Wrote:Conservatives, this country needs a change already.  So sick of the liberal and NDP bullshit!!  That thing last night on TV was a joke, especially Layton.
[right][snapback]164226[/snapback][/right]

You guys out west realize that if Harper gets a majority, you all become his oilsands and natural gas whores and the lower cost of energy that all Canadians could enjoy goes away so Harper can satiate the needs of the US FIRST.

Remember Katrina? Picture that all year round. Yeah, that's right. It makes the winter-elevated gas prices and cost to heat your home right now look REAL good.

Enjoy your Conservative dictatorship. I'll just move to solar that much sooner.
[right][snapback]164227[/snapback][/right]

I dotn think it would be like Katrina at all. This country does need change, and thats the reason why i'll be heading out to vote this year for the very 1st time. I aint voting Liberal. Sick of it.
IM VOTING BLOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phuck politics...cant stands it. Havent voted yet, and im not sure when i am going to start.
right now, very little of that oil stays in Canada as it is. None of the political parties are going to change that.

Oil is a global commodity. You can't hoard it to yourself in the hopes of lowering your own prices... the only reason mining the oil sands is practical is because of the increased price.

The trick is to reinvest the money into Canada's future, not short term refunds for residents to ensure re-election.
FociPhil,Jan 10 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:IM VOTING BLOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phuck politics...cant stands it. Havent voted yet, and im not sure when i am going to start.
[right][snapback]164230[/snapback][/right]

How educated.

You are NO LONGER allwed to bitch about the way this country is run. :rolleyes:
Each party is funded $1.75 for each vote they receive, right? If that's true, I'll ask Revenue Canada to give me that $1.75 back on my tax return. I'd rather give the money to some more deserving bum than any of the political leaders.
Pages: 1 2 3 4