FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Like, ........the Focus We've Always Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: c30_1.jpg]

[Image: c30_2.jpg]

Volvo C30 design concept to debut at Detroit show

Göteborg, Sweden - The Volvo C30 Design Concept, a four-seat coupe with a glass tailgate, will make its world debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit next week. It is an indication of what the new production Volvo C30 will look like when it is unveiled in Paris in September 2006.

Reminiscent of the Volvo Safety Concept Car introduced in Detroit in 2002, the C30 has angled headlamps, a wide, low grille, contrasting colours, horseshoe-shaped taillight pattern and glass tailgate. Designed for customers who rarely require the rear seat, the C30's luggage space is designed for everyday loads but can accommodate much more cargo when the seats are folded flat. The vehicle uses a 2.4-litre inline five-cylinder turbocharged engine, delivering 260 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, with a six-speed manual transmission. The package is rounded out with 19-inch aluminum wheels, Pirelli Corsa tires and four-piston Brembo brakes.

The two-tone is fawkin' sweet.

I wonder if it comes with a free bag of pretentiousness.

I'm sure it does. :rolleyes:
everything except the pt cruiser ass end.... is that a chrysler logo they've put 'volvo' over?
The rear ruins it for a great front and sides... it looks like they ran out of budget and narrowed the cabin at the rear.

"YARRRR! Luggage is for wimps and Richard Simmons! YARRRR!"
The back end is supposed to be a throw back to the old P1800:

[Image: cole.jpg]

Speaking of back ends that is Playmate of the year and her prize, must be '71 or '72 they never made them for too long.

Nice headlights.
a ) I'm surprised you still have that issue of PB lying around (guess laminating does pay off
b ) they modeled the new one off the wrong rear end from that picture.
I wonder what the MSRP is going to be.

37K? <_<
Flofocus,Jan 10 2006, 09:47 AM Wrote:I wonder what the MSRP is going to be.

37K?  <_<
[right][snapback]164216[/snapback][/right]

You're probably right, 9-2x Aero base/loaded WRX territory. Not that they sell the 9-2x turbo anymore. I would expect there would also be a noramlly aspirated version of the Volvo starting at <$30G like the 9-2x Linear.
THE P1800 is a daed sexy car....but not in wagon form....it's just pure nasty in that case....

Here is a pic of one that my PT guy has installed a 302 into.....dead sexy the p1800 is....

and the rear.....mmmmm
Lord that ass just ruins the car for me. It looks like something I would have designed after a few too many brews "Lessee how fugly I can make the rear of the car... *HIC*" :lol:

NefCanuck
never ever going to like volvo rear ends, on any of their cars.
2001 ZTS,Jan 10 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:The back end is supposed to be a throw back to the old P1800:

[Image: cole.jpg]

Speaking of back ends that is Playmate of the year and her prize, must be '71 or '72 they never made them for too long.

Nice headlights.
[right][snapback]164196[/snapback][/right]

oh man I knew I've seen her before!
Nice I love it, Leave it to Volvo to make something soo cool retro, and modern at the same time.
I'd buy it.