FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rumour...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some may know, MINI, in order to expand their product line is thinking about a wagon type thing called a "Travellor".

I have also heard a rumour that BMW/MINI will revive the Triumph marque and make a modern roadster the same way they updated the mini.

Sources state that the sporting concept looks promising, with pleasing styling - the designs (one of which carried the MINI-MAXImum moniker) are retro-modern in style, but with a nod to the past, carrying traces of Triumph TR4 and Stag in places. Sources in the USA have also confirmed that MINI distributors over there have been told to expect ’some very big surprises’ in 2006/7, stating that ‘more than one new model is planned.’
I saw something in the paper a few weeks ago. They mentioned something about it being 'B' pillarless as pictured below.

[Image: mini_traveller_side_15_09_05.JPG]

[Image: mini-concept_rear.jpg]

What the MINI Traveller is really is the next generation MINI, instead of showing the new MINI in the ussual 2 door hatch they are looking to see if there is interest in other shapes and uses for the new MINI. Also of note is that the next gen MINI will no longer use the Chrysler made in Brazil lump and will be using a new 1.6L engine sourced from Peugeot/Citroen.

Laterz :)
i don't know about the idea of sourcing a french engine for a british car.
That's a really interesting concept, but it's always been my understanding that the b pilar is there for rigidity in a car.

Losing it would make it handle similar to a convertible, no?

FocusGuy7476,Jan 9 2006, 02:24 PM Wrote:i don't know about the idea of sourcing a french engine for a british car.
[right][snapback]164032[/snapback][/right]

As opposed to the German/American unit made in South America?

Either way, the car is anything but British anymore.

Like it ever was since the re-release. :rolleyes:
I also heard a rumour that Ashlee Simpson stole Lindsay Lohans boyfriend.
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 10 2006, 03:21 AM Wrote:I also heard a rumour that Ashlee Simpson stole Lindsay Lohans boyfriend.
[right][snapback]164114[/snapback][/right]

you just had to go there didn't you. I wish they'd just get in a ring and get it over with.... with ky and white shirts.

weapons: mandatory
meford4u,Jan 9 2006, 04:29 PM Wrote:That's a really interesting concept, but it's always been my understanding that the b pilar is there for rigidity in a car.

Losing it would make it handle similar to a convertible, no?
[right][snapback]164035[/snapback][/right]

Cowl shake, get your cowl shake here!
Well leave it to BMW to change MINI to what it is, and to make it more then what it was, remember the previous Mini kept it's style up till 2000 was it ?
I think everyone is missing the point.

The "new MINI" will remain, they will probably add a wagon type version called the Traveller but the RUMOUR and biggest news is the fact that they may resurect the Triumph name as a modernized TR vehicle:

[Image: staithes081847.jpg]
First MINI should try and solve all the problems with the current vehicle before they dream up another one. The MINI is prone to windowscreen cracks (not just on the vert), many squeaks and rattles (not just on the S), and the brakes don't last more than 30k and cost a fortune to replace (just like the runflat tires with no spare). Plus BMW needs to get better service employees in their dealerships who know what products they sell, and how to fix them without making the vehicle worse than it was when it entered the 'store'.

Very cool! I'm a lurker B)
2001 ZTS,Jan 12 2006, 10:01 AM Wrote:I think everyone is missing the point.
the RUMOUR and biggest news is the fact that they may resurect the Triumph name as a modernized TR vehicle:

Who are 'they'? A retro TR9 looking like a 1976 TR7? UGH! :huh:
"They" as in BMW/MINI, they apparantly own the rights to the Triumph car company name and everything that goes with it.
Frost__2001,Jan 11 2006, 06:52 PM Wrote:Well leave it to BMW to change MINI to what it is, and to make it more then what it was, remember the previous Mini kept it's style up till 2000 was it ?
[right][snapback]164613[/snapback][/right]

The new MINI will never be what the old one was, the previous Mini kept it's styling for 41 years not because they couldn't change it they didn't want to change an Icon of motoring history, they did try on several occasions but the cars never made it to production due to funding problems and quality issues.

Laterz :)
very cool, a not so mini mini