FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Yet Another C.e.l. Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, i messed up big (at least i hope i actually didn't). blew a fuse last night, the in-line power cable fuse to amp for subs. anyhoo, must've done something else because now the deck won't light up at all. i checked the fuse to the wire harness behind the deck, and its fine. in addition, speedo takes about 10 seconds to read rpms', gas, and temp. oh, and also, c.e.l. is on. the c.e.l. happened this morning on the way to work. other than the stereo not working, and the speedo thing happening once i first started up the car, it was fine. but i put car in neutral (mtx) at a light, the c.e.l. came on just before the car died. i started her back up, and other than the problems listed above which continued, all seemed to run as normal. am i in for a wonderful new years surprise for cost to get her back to normal? i took it into the dealership on the way to work, since there's another outstanding work order on her, but i'm seriously worried about whether this will rape my wallet. anyone have an idea of what i'd be lookin at? i could just wait to get the dooming phone call from the dealership, but i prefer info like removing a bandaid ....

update:

a radio/accessories fuse was blown too, and that was replaced. the amp power wire fuse is still not replaced, but with the radio/accessories fuse swapped, c.e.l. remined lit. dealer then highly suggested i disconnect starter to see if that works. i called install shop and they said i can just unplug the wires to the starter module, and that would disconnect it.

is it at all possible that shorting the amp power wire caused the fuel level sensor to start acting up? is there anything that could've been affected behind the instrument cluster to cause all this? i guess i'm just looking for anything that could be wrong besides the fuel level sensor being messed up (dealer said its $560 CDN to replace). plus i keep thinking about it, and i don't know how that this happening, could've messed up this sensor, that's located in the gas tank. i talked to a car starter place here, and they said i could try removing the starter module to see if that's causing it, but now they're telling me they don't think its the remote starter, since i've had it in my car for 3 years, and everything else appears to be working fine with the system.