FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: No Dtc Code - Cel Cause
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm. My CEL came on and stayed on from Trout Creek to North Bay. It's still on, and will likely remain that way till I reset the ECU.

I had old codes of P0302 and P0303 DTCs before (misfires on #2 and #3 cyls), but the new sparkplug wires cleaned that up. I'll be replacing the spark plugs in the next month or so anyways, so the only stock part left is the wiring harness to the distributor (checked that, no cracks) and the distributor itself.

What the heck is the significance of the P0106? I tried via the test mode for the LCD, and it said "DTC / Zero", flipping back and forth between the two.

I was scrolling through other displays after that, so it might have been P106 and this is all much ado about nothing.

I'm not leaking anything nasty (or anything at all), the car has good voltage (thought about that already with the UDP), the gas mileage was stellar on the way home (325KMs on 3/8ths of a tank indicated) and there was no funky business driving it - not a hiccup, burp, shudder, or anything.

Just came back from groceries, and I left it running and popped the hood. I blipped the throttle body a few times... nothing out of the ordinary. Coolant levels looked good, nothing was flickering or sparking, no bad smoke out of the tailpipe.

Gremlins? :huh:
If a check the Ford DTC dictionnary :

P0106 - Barometric (BARO) Pressure Sensor Circuit Performance Baro sensor input to the PCM is monitored and is not within the calibrated value. Slow responding BARO sensor
Electrical circuit failure
Damaged BARO sensor
Damaged PCM
VREF voltage should be between 4.0 and 6.0 volts
PID reading is in frequency

Maybe your UDP ?
Hmm, interesting. Considering everything is at stock levels above 1200 RPMs or so and this occured at ~2450 RPMs (clean 100KM/H cruise), I'll reset the ECU tomorrow over lunch and see if it resurfaces.

Thanks man.
I had the same problem. Ford replaced my sensor under some recall.

Its an ECU sensor I think.
Get goin to around 80k and keep it there. If the car feels like its trying to move faster and slower then Im probibly right.
If not then ow well lol.
Hey Mason, did you confirm the P0106 code yourself before going?

We all know scope time can get expensive. I mean, if it has to be fixed then so be it... but I still think I just have gremlins. FWIW, I was at 70KM/H today on the way to work, steady cruise in OD, and it was perfectly happy.

It also drove fine all the way in (25-30 minutes) @ 100KM/H last night to North Bay from Trout Creek.

If anything, it's actually idling much nicer AND quieter than before :blink: - "before" being before the UDP.
Update:

I called it in to the dealer to see what they had to say. When the SA heard how it happened and how there was no operating errata... he suggested I go and check the damn gas cap!

Apparently this will hapopen if the fuel system isn't sealed at the filler cap... it will throw a CEL with no DTC code logged. And, what's more, it's not Ford-specific. My lovely wife informs me our company Scooby Impreza will do the exactly the same thing.

So guys, if you ever throw a CEL and there's no DTC code... check your gas cap!

Also, does anyone know what the heck it means when your CEL flashes at you twice and goes away at high speed? Impending governation? Impending doom?
I heart ford.... my car threw a cel once when the gas cap wasnt on properly. but the check fuel cap light was off...

Viva Mexico!
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 9 2006, 01:18 PM Wrote:Apparently this will hapopen if the fuel system isn't sealed at the filler cap... it will throw a CEL with no DTC code logged. And, what's more, it's not Ford-specific. My lovely wife informs me our company Scooby Impreza will do the exactly the same thing.

So guys, if you ever throw a CEL and there's no DTC code... check your gas cap!

[right][snapback]163987[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure it's universal, all cars are like that these days. It is to lessen the amount of fuel that evaporates. It is not that the companies care about your fuel disapearing it is an air polution thing that has been mandated by government.

The fuel cap and CEL info is in the owners manual by the way.
2001 ZTS,Jan 9 2006, 01:33 PM Wrote:The fuel cap and CEL info is in the owners manual by the way.
[right][snapback]163995[/snapback][/right]

Thanks man, that was my next stop if the ECU reset (and subsequent phone call) turned up nothing. :D
I know when my fuel cap went it thru a CEL and DTC code.
What DTC code did it throw? I didn't have one, according to the odo test mode anyways... kept flashing "DTC / none" - alternating between the two words.
I thrrew a cel last month. The cause was gas cap. picked up mild vaccum leak through diagnosic. Didn't pick up through odo check