FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cel And Performance.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I got a race header and no MIL eliminator. Call me crazy but I swear that I have more power and drivability when I don't have the CEL on. When it comes on it feels like the car bogs down more and is stripped of power. Is this all in my head? or could there be something going on, like the ECU reverting to a basic operating program until the problem is solved.
i think i remember reading that when the CEL is on, it goes into some sorta "safe mode" but ill let the experts chime to be sure.
If it's just the 2nd O2 it's celling on, I wouldn't think it would hurt performance since it's strictly emissions related.

however, if it's celling on the 1st O2, you will be running in open loop mode which is rich...

best to scan the code and make sure it's just the catalytic converter efficiency cel.
darkpuppet,Jan 8 2006, 03:28 PM Wrote:If it's just the 2nd O2 it's celling on, I wouldn't think it would hurt performance since it's strictly emissions related.

however, if it's celling on the 1st O2, you will be running in open loop mode which is rich...

best to scan the code and make sure it's just the catalytic converter efficiency cel.
[right][snapback]163809[/snapback][/right]

Which is currently one of the issues we are having.