FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jvc Projection Tvs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 48" JVC Iart Popped Last week

1000$ to Fix a 2000$ TV

Tech Said it was the Convergence(SP) Chips, But after He rplace both, It still had the Problem. Now iTs the Main Board plus Chips that need to be replace. 1000$

JVC Can lick my Balls Less then a 2 year old TV Costing 1000$ to Fix.

Less the 2 Years old.

I will sell for Cheap if you wanna fix it.
Chromey,Jan 8 2006, 10:58 AM Wrote:2000$ TV

Less the 2 Years old.
[right][snapback]163747[/snapback][/right]
Go back to JVC (not the retailer) and give them a chance to make things right ... if they have any sense at all they won't want to lose you as a customer. Who knows ... there might be lots of other people experiencing the same problem.
That is unbelieveable. I have never been a fan of JVC, but any product that can't withstand 2 years of use is BS.

Have you tried contacting JVC or where you bought the tv for some sort of mediation?

I would think that if you offered to cover the labour and they covered the parts you might get somewhere with them.
Like everyone said give them a shout. JVC is actually a good company I have had my tv for 8 years and not a problem. They still sell exactly the same model today, but now it is there bottom end 27". They make tv's for lots of the store brands (sears etc) as well.

Everyone has to relize with all the new technology coming out and no true and tested technology yet, we are leaving the era of fixing products, and having products that will last forever.

Even new products don't go through effective quality control anymore. For example two weeks ago I bought two of those new motorola razrs and they both had the same problem out of the box.

technology is now disposable.
I have a JVC I'Art Pro Tv....it's a 30" 16:9 flatscreen HDTV. Yeah it's a picture tube TV, but for $1100 it's the best damn TV I've ever bought. It blows away my buddies Sharp LCD hands down for picture quality.

Like the others said, deal with JVC directly...they should be able to sort things out for you better...likely replace the TV completely for you...

Unlike others, I've always been a fan of their TV's...
sounds liek someone should have opted for that Future Shop extended plan hah

but yeah shitty deal with the TV. Don't deal with the store as they aren't able to help. Worst case senario you'll have to pay labour but you never know they might cover everything.
Thats unfortunate.... I remember my parents bought a JVC TV from Future Shop a few years back, I believe they got some sort of Extra protection with it.. Within the first week, the TV completely died or something crazy... they declared it a DOA and drop shipped us a TV on the same day we called in.. So far, weve only had the tuner blow out, but the EPP covered it... Thats not typical of JVC dying out so fast, maybe you just got a bunk TV receiver. Hope all goes well in dealing wiht JVC..
Im hopeing they do something for me... If not Ill never look at a Projection again, JVC toping the market , LCD Here i come.
paolo,Jan 8 2006, 07:19 PM Wrote:Thats unfortunate....  I remember my parents bought a JVC TV from Future Shop a few years back, I believe they got some sort of Extra protection with it..  Within the first week, the TV completely died or something crazy... they declared it a DOA and drop shipped us a TV on the same day we called in..  So far, weve only had the tuner blow out, but the EPP covered it...  Thats not typical of JVC dying out so fast, maybe you just got a bunk TV receiver. Hope all goes well in dealing wiht JVC..
[right][snapback]163847[/snapback][/right]
I agree with Paolo on this one...think you got a bad unit, or one with bad internals. Kinda like my Foci was built in mexico, and has been great for the most part.

I've had a bunch of JVC products for several years now, never had a problem with any... I wasn't able to say the same for anything made by Technics, Sony or Toshiba I owned in the past.

Either way, hope things turn out for the best for ya
How much you asking for if youre selling it?
scoobasteve,Jan 11 2006, 06:05 PM Wrote:How much you asking for if youre selling it?
[right][snapback]164534[/snapback][/right]

just lurk around his house on garbage day and wait it out