FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a set of SVT mirrors! Does anyone know the cost of these new?!

Anywhere to buy them online?!
Why not just paint the inserts...almost the same effect.
hardk0re,Jan 8 2006, 09:20 AM Wrote:Why  not just paint the inserts...almost the same effect.
[right][snapback]163744[/snapback][/right]

Cause if i paint the stock ones I got now..they'll flake and look like s**t being textured and all...

I've seen em' painted on several cars and they all looked like ass!
I had mine painted(on two different cars), i've never had anybody say they look like ass! They also haven't flaked....and its not like I don't drive fast enough...

I think its all in the prep work...yeah if they don't sand them down, and don't use adhesion promoter sure they will flake and look like ass...

* After a summer of hard driving no chipping.

And if you use a proper plastic primer there won't be any problem, and no need for adhesion promoter. The key are right component. Your local paint shop should be able to do the work for a case of beer!
you can give it a sand down get most of the roughness out then grab some galzing putty and smooth the rest out. a few layers of filler primer, then paint and seal it with some clear coat and you're set. If you want I can do that for you, you supply the beer. Or women. Or both.
I did that with my mirrors I sanded them by hand for a few hours and washed them every 20 minutes and it totally came smooth, and I put two coats of primer and 3 coats of paint, and 2 of clear and it came out great.

Course all the stone chips didn't help, not to mention using the touch up paint makes it look cheap :rolleyes: .
same here, mine have been on my car for severla years now and they still look brand new. And never had 1 negative comment about them, they all asked if they were new!