FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Camaro Coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A while back I believe a few of us started to chat about the possibility of a new Camaro and according to The Car Connection here it is before its unvailing next week at the Detroit Auto Show. As for me it looks a bit different from some of the concept drawings that I saw but I like it.

[Image: 10557_FPULMHLUWBLBQ.jpg]

Laterz :)
I dunno, maybe in another color it would look better, but it just doesn't strike me as a camaro. In black that would look pretty sick, but i don't like that color.
I dunno I get this feeling of modern gangster car or something. Paint it black, and that's what comes to mind immediately. Though apon thought it doesn't much fit.
I don't know why but to me it just says Dodge mixed with a 04 mustang..... don't know why just dose... am truly f**ked in the head.
Yep looks like something dodge would do. Doesn't really look anything like a camaro. Doesn't even look that good.
What no flaming chicken on the hood? I guess I'll have to wait for the 30th anniversary "Smokey and the Bandit Edition".
it probly wont be called a camaro though. if GM comes out with a car named Camaro or Firebird, the Quebec government is gonna sue GM for hundreds of Millions of dollars for closing the F-body plant back in 2002.

itll be interesting to see how the naming plays out.

edit found this:
Quote:GM boss says Firebird, Camaro won't be revived

Chris Vander Doelen
Windsor Star; CanWest News Service
1,123 words
2 March 2004
Edmonton Journal
Final
T19
English
Copyright © 2004 Edmonton Journal

There will be no revival of the Pontiac Firebird and Chevy Camaro no matter how much the fans wish it, according to a higher authority at General Motors.

How high an authority? Try Bob Lutz, vice-chairman of General Motors. What Lutz says can be taken to the bank and he's just put the kibosh on persistent rumours among enthusiasts that the sporty GM twins might be coming back.

Lutz has revealed that in order to get the CAW to agree to the closure of the Camaro plant in Ste-Therese, Que., the company was forced to promise the union it would not build the car anywhere else. The company intends to honour that pledge, because "a deal's a deal," Lutz said recently.
bluetoy,Jan 8 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:Yep looks like something dodge would do. Doesn't really look anything like a camaro. Doesn't even look that good.
[right][snapback]163740[/snapback][/right]
That's kind of what I thought too ... but if you squint real hard the rear quarter looks like a '67 or '68 and the pointy front end and grille is reminiscent of the small bumper cars from '70 through '73. I had a '73 Camaro and it remains my favourite. This concept doesn't look nearly as good IMO.

1973 Camaro Brochure here
yeah that car doesn't look good at all... it's lacking someting and I can't put my finger on it.Well it's just the front that look like ass the rest can stay.
If they do, do the reveal of it they should do it in classic Gm matalic blue with Camaro racing strips in white on it like most typical Camaro's of the past. That red looks too Dodge or Mustang to do a reveal in, not to mention is dose not look the part, but if it is indeed a concept car, think about the production model, it will be a cheap looking acting car later on that will never die like the Caviler.
man they try WAY too hard!
So it's a Chevy NotACamaro? It looks like it had "relations" with a Challenger.
i liked these concepts of the camaro better, the one at the top looks like ass!!

[Image: 07_Camaro.jpg]
[Image: 791256_1.jpg]
The yellow ones strikes me as more of a chevy car than any of the others. The red one above it still seems like its more dodge than chevy.
It looks much better with a flowing, rounded front end than an angular end. Kinda like women :D
I'd drive it into the wall a couple of times to fix that front end.... like the concept drawings better..

it's obvious they're trying to recapture the 70's with that front end. Of course you'd be lucky if that was the only thing getting sucked into the grill on the highway...
So it's official now. I guess the government of Quebec should be filing there court papers any minute now.

[Image: 1824.jpg]

man when I saw the front I liked but now that I've seen the rear end I'm not liking it one bit but I will reserve my final verdict untill I see one on the road.
[Image: 1827.jpg]

Laterz :)
Nah, they won't file as long as they get to populate the plant with Quebecers only and get to use their protectionist construction laws to keep out-of-province construction firms from successfully bidding on the project.

Whoops, talking in my outside voice again.
it looks like it's built on the C6 platform....long nosse...super low.... much like the caddilac XLR ....i wouldn't be surprised
The car just plain and simply looks really pissed off. I've already decided if this is made, it's my next new car. I said the same thing when I first saw a ZX5 in Gran Turismo and 3 years later I ordered one just how I wanted it.

Mine will be a blue Z28 with white stripes.
Pages: 1 2 3