FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just Seeing Whats Getting Done
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So is anyone working on there car this winter?

If so what are you doing to it?

Hope some nice cars are coming out his summer

Maybe not over the winter, but definately early spring!

So far i have to pull out my shorty Hedman header and FC hi-flow cat and swap in a 4-2-1 race header. Have a cat and bigger resonator weilded in...

I want to take out the headliner and roof trim in order to install two 7" visor monitors, and mount a infared "back-up" camera in the back window. Also figured i'd paint all the trim to match the dark charcol interior. Maybe run some switches in that big sunroof switch pannel. And probably pick up a dual gauge pod while it's all out and throw that in with some gauges.

Install a PS2

Paint the custom cluster bezel Hardk0re made me, find a gauge for it too.
Buy and install a new cluster face... maybe th "RS" style one to go with the shift knob :lol:

Install the LED under-car lights

Get the spoiler i want from Germany......somehow
and have it painted and installed

maybe get seats...

well that's what i have planned for march/april anyway, have to save up for the REAL good stuff now!! FI
mods for winter:

I just bought my F2 CF RS Wing from ZX3Tuning and I am meeting him to get it next week...

sooner or later I have to get my springs installed...

then sometime in the months coming I want to buy some cam gears and MAYBE a UDP...

slater you are doing so much!

but yes I want seats as well, but those arent high up on the agenda..

I kinda want a second job so I could use that money towards a Powerworks SC, but until then I am stopping at gears.
I had big plans at the end of the summer....BUT we just bought a house so allot of things are on hold until probably August...

Probably going to have to squese in some time to fix up my tranny issues and cool off my boost charge.... but anything cosmetic will probably be on the back burner, or never come to be.
PerfectSaiyan,Jan 6 2006, 08:40 PM Wrote:slater you are doing so much!

[right][snapback]163662[/snapback][/right]

That's just what i have sitting around the house and/or didn't get done last year :blink:

I hope to be able to save up enough to do a powerworks kit from Mitch too!
For me its to finnish all the Big brake install and lots of fabing of parts. Re-upholster the seats and steering and that is about it. Got to save some cash for the next engine. :D
Well I have to get a new mirror on my drivers side because someone walking by to fast broke the mirror. I'm thinking this may be a good opportunity to get some aftermarket ones if I can find some nice ones at a good price.
Bought my Focus in November, and the parts are quickly accumulating in my living room.... by the end of spring I will have done things in stages. Each stage will be done together, as my little brother just turned 16, and REALLY wants to learn about cars... and my dad is useless with them (he tried to teach me!).

- All missing trim pieces (joys of buying a repo!) and stereo installed (done). Will do a coolant flush, PCV, and fuel filter shortly.

- OBX 4-1 shorty with race pipe, 2.25" flex, MBRP exhaust.

- Shorty intake with K&N cone, FC 65mm TB, ported 2K manifold, FRPP wires, underdrive pulley.

- KW suspension (non-coilover, 1.5" drop) and Progress 22mm rear bar.

- 17" FRPP white rally wheels (already have them, and DAMN are they pretty!)

- Removing plastic rocker trim, having the door trim panels painted to match, a couple wings, dings and dents pulled, and clear marker lights.

Well, all of that is mostly bought and paid for, most of it is already here. Plan on having it all done by my birthday (end of March) May also consider the newest eBay projector headlights and a euro grille.

01-yellow-ZX3

Sell it.

Any takers?
Just parts sitting around from last year that I never bothered to install.

Greddy Exhaust and Headers
NexGen Stage 3 Intake
NexGen Stage 3 ECU
J&S Safeguard and Alcohol Injection

These should take me to around 300HP and just below 300FTlbs on a 91oct fuel tune figuring I'm running 8.8:1 compress near 15lbs of boost. With a 94 octane + Alcohol injected tune I should see 340/340 or somewhere close to that. Without heads and cams I'll never see above 350.

Still it's all academic really because I'll probably sell this car to my brother in the spring and if it's the case other than the exhaust those parts go back on Ebay. WI th the 6psi winter tune this car is already more than quick enough for him.

1 pic of the motor after the rebuild.
[Image: engine.jpg]
Work over the winter? Oh yeah...too much.

- F2 Focus RS replica narrowbody kit
- Euro rear bumper fog lamp and reverse lamp
- Euro rear tail lamps
- Crystal Clear turn signal front bumper lamps
- Carbon Fiber vented invader-style hood
- Black-painted headlamp housings
- Removed door moldings & body graphics
- SVT Pedal kit from Ford Racing
- Roush short shifter & knob
- Focus Central 65mm throttle

That's about it for now...I really gotta stop spending money for a while. Ha ha ha.
I think everyone knows what I'm doing and have done already at this point, so far this winter my car has seen the following items added to it's growing list of euro parts, and the front will be complete by spring if all of it stays on track.

Parts list on the car :

ST 170 Headlights
ST 170 Upper Grille ( Suround will be painted soon )
European Saloon ( sedan ) tail lights
European Badging ( Sport, Ghia crests )
European Hood Lock ( no alarm )
European Window Trim
European 2002 Face Lift Bumper
European Ghia 2002 Face Lift Lower Grille
European CAI Cover

List of parts off the car / Misc..:

European MK1 headlights ( for sale )
European Tail Lights for a ZX3/5 ( for sale )
European Interior Clock in blue L.E.D.'s
American 2 Stage Taill Lights ( for sale )
American Headlights ( for sale )
Xenon front lip ( going on hopefully after feb )
European Fenders ( going on in a week )
European Side Repeaters ( going on in a week )
European Washer Bottle ( going on in a week )
American CAI Cover ( for sale )
American Upper Grille ( for sale )

On the to do order list :

European 2002 Face lift Fog Lights & surounds
European Headlight Switch
European Radio Bezel ( end of summer project )
European Power Mirrors ( end of summer project )
European Gas Door with lock and key
European 2002 Rear bumper with black rub strip ( end of summer project )
Body work on the trunk lid ( have to remove some rust and repaint it a bit )
SL8RZZX3,Jan 7 2006, 01:51 AM Wrote:I hope to be able to save up enough to do a powerworks kit from Mitch too!
[right][snapback]163666[/snapback][/right]

dont we all!
I'm replacing the entire drivers side of my car... <_<

...I got a smoked brake light...YESSS!

maybe put a mp3 unit back into the car

fix my tint...again,!

Big time mods!! :lol:
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 7 2006 Wrote:Sell it.

Any takers?
[right][snapback]163681[/snapback][/right]

Hahahaha im in the same boat! I just dont want a car anymore!

How much you strying to sell it for?
As soon as I got the new trail arm I will swap the SVT suspension.
S2 suspension install w / 22mm Eibach front anti-roll and S2 factory 21mm rear anti-roll bars. X-Cal 2 cleanup tune for 87 and 91 octane (switchable... duh) with accounting for the new intake, yadda yadda.

Hopefully S2 front lip and side skirts... with the side painted Sangria Red at the very least. Painting my second set of headlights this week if I have time.

DVD deck, standalone LCD displays, new monoblock for the sub and moving the 1200W sucker amp to drive the front stage.

Decided (for now) to hold off on the cam kit. I'll wait and see how it drives with the wider 16s back on it before I choose to or not. Right now it has zero problems lighting the front with the autotragic.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 9 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:Right now it has zero problems lighting the front with the autotragic.
[right][snapback]163988[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
Oh man.. :lol: ..you need a ride in my car. I'll show you what "lighting" tires is all about. :P

FRMAROLL will be my next license plate. ;)
Oh no doubt it's cause it's cold out. :)

But yes, I'd love a ride in that thing!

02ztsian

In the process of making up my own set of 6 ga. ground wires. Going to also remove the 2000 intake for a second round of porting; got some info locally about porting the intake tract. Looking how to best spent the money in my Paypal account!