FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Loose Door Handle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stupid door handle is becoming looose on the drivers side door. Anyone know how to fix this?. Oh, it's the outside handle that is loose.
hey i am having the same problem but have been too lazy to do anything about it............post help!!!
brucktown,Jan 6 2006, 10:14 PM Wrote:hey i am having the same problem but have been too lazy to do anything about it............post help!!!
[right][snapback]163629[/snapback][/right]

How bad is yours?. mine has alot of play to it, I'm scared it is going to fall off (the door handle :rolleyes: ) while i'm driving the car.
from my experience, the door handle is swcured to the door with 2 nuts that are in the skin of the door.

I assume the whole piece is loose and not just the handle itself.

If it's just the handle, then that may not be repairable.

What I mean is the handle and the surround around the handle. If that's loose, then take off your door panel and find the nuts and tighten them.

I know Ford went away from this design and now they are secured with clips. If the clips break...........new door handle.
I had this problem with my front doors, Roll down your window first all the way down and take off the door pannels and then, take off the foam, and then peel up the plastic ( you don't have to take it off. )

1. un screw all the door handles and take it off the car
2. Spray the return spring with a good coating of WD40 or Giggle lube
3. Put the door handels back in place, and tighten it all back down and give it a good coating of WD40 / giggle lube
4. after all is said and done, open and colse the door repeatedly by slamming the door closed and opening it again and again, even with the unlock and lock, and you may want to spray inbetween the cracks of the door handle too, just incase.
5. put everything back to normal and your done.