FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Woman Poisons Trees To Improve View
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
unbelieveable

Quote:VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - A Vancouver woman pleaded guilty on Thursday to poisoning several trees that border the city's downtown Stanley Park to improve the view of the ocean from her condominium.

June Matheson admitted she purchase herbicide in the United States and applied it to five trees in the spring of 2004 in an effort kill them. Three trees later died, according to a court document.

A witness told police that Matheson, a well known interior designer, had complained that the city-owned trees, which ranged in height between 25 and 45 feet, had grown too tall and she wanted to "get rid of them."

Prosecutors said Matheson may have felt an improved view of nearby English Bay would increase the value of her condo, which she sold in October 2004 for nearly C$1.7 million ($1.5 million), and called her actions "selfish in the extreme."

Matheson, 72, agreed last month to pay C$50,000 to the city to replace the dead trees and help plant others in Stanley Park, which is one of Canada's most famous urban parks. Local media reported she was given an absolute discharge by the court following the guilty plea.

I can't believe anyone would even fathom doing something like this... Stanley park is absolutely amazing.. I'd rather have a view of it than the ocean IMO.
That's disgusting. Does she poison her dog if it blocks the view of her TV?

Tard.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 6 2006, 04:36 PM Wrote:That's disgusting. Does she poison her dog if it blocks the view of her TV?

Tard.
[right][snapback]163596[/snapback][/right]

hahaha that sounds funny.

Stanley park is amazing. One of the best parls ive ever been to. So how much more did she get for her condo once she got rid of the trees?
haha, this is a very popluar thing is the states(california) that's why they have tree lawyers. Where else, right?

I wonder how much profit did she get out of the deal, She sold it for 1.7Mil, but was that bc of the ocean view?

anyways. I think the penalty should of been lot higher then 50K

hahaha rock on.
yeah she shouls have had to pay out more IMO..
Reminds me of that Monty Burns quote from the Simpsons:

"Mother nature started this war for survival, and now she wants to quit because she's losing!"
2001 ZTS,Jan 7 2006, 10:44 PM Wrote:Reminds me of that Monty Burns quote from the Simpsons:

"Mother nature started this war for survival, and now she wants to quit because she's losing!"
[right][snapback]163708[/snapback][/right]

hahaha...thats an awsome quote~!