FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: How About That?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wow Canada 5 - 0 over Russia. We were the underdogs and weren't given a good chance!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

back to back.

p.s. leaf fans you can stroke that hardon you get from pogge
nass,Jan 5 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:p.s. leaf fans you can stroke that hardon you get from pogge
[right][snapback]163498[/snapback][/right]

schwing
Prolly the best "team" game i've seen canada play in my life time. I thought they would win, but i figured it would be close. And i never thought they would dominate the russians like they did.
Y'know not that it would have likely made a difference in the final outcome but the Russians were screwed out of that goal when it was still 2 - 0 for Canada. They need to go to the two referee system at the World Juniors now, this proves it.

NefCanuck
Couldn't they have just asked for a video replay or something? it was so obviously a goal as seen by there.

Oh well...
Aka,Jan 5 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:Couldn't they have just asked for a video replay or something? it was so obviously a goal as seen by there.

Oh well...
[right][snapback]163519[/snapback][/right]

Nope, not at an IIHF-sanctioned tournament apparently...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 6 2006, 03:31 AM Wrote:
Aka,Jan 5 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:Couldn't they have just asked for a video replay or something? it was so obviously a goal as seen by there.

Oh well...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]163521[/snapback][/right]

yes they could have. They didn't know. It was the video judge that called down but since play had resumed the ref had to make the desision to allow it or let it go. That's what he told the coaches.

if this was the NHL then there'd be no question cause as soon as play resumes it done with but not for IIHF it's upto the ref.
nass,Jan 5 2006, 10:35 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 6 2006, 03:31 AM Wrote:

Oh well...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]163521[/snapback][/right]

yes they could have. They didn't know. It was the video judge that called down but since play had resumed the ref had to make the desision to allow it or let it go. That's what he told the coaches.

if this was the NHL then there'd be no question cause as soon as play resumes it done with but not for IIHF it's upto the ref.
[right][snapback]163522[/snapback][/right]

Who didn't know? The coaches? The refs? That would seem bizzare, esp. given the fact that the Russians were (quite rightly) screaming blue murder and the ref just merrily says "no goal" and the play goes on. No this one smells like a screw up by the ref, who is now trying to cover his arse...

NefCanuck
if the coaches knew they would have requested a video review simple as that
Boo hoo! It wouldn't have made a difference anyways if they did get that goal, maybe the Russians would have had a little more energy, but we were not going to be denied last night, GOLD CANADA GOLD!!!

I'm sporting my Team Canada jersey today, anyone else?
What a game. Russians - t3h sUx.
POGGE:

Didin't get much work. Sure he;s good now, but lets see him behind the wonderful Leaf defence facing 45 shots nightly. He'll crumble like the rest.

Good game though.

THOSE RUSSIANS ARE DIRRRRRTY!