FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Itunes Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.

I imported a s**t load of tunes last night as mp3's and for some reason they are still coming up as 10 and 12mgb files :blink:

I re-converted them to mp3 and it's still not working.

I have 120 songs I would like to get on a disc and it's coming up as 1.1G in size.

Can anyone explain this for me?
ANTHONYD,Jan 4 2006, 03:36 PM Wrote:Hey guys.

I imported a s**t load of tunes last night as mp3's and for some reason they are still coming up as 10 and 12mgb files :blink:

I re-converted them to mp3 and it's still not working.

I have 120 songs I would like to get on a disc and it's coming up as 1.1G in size.

Can anyone explain this for me?
[right][snapback]163277[/snapback][/right]

It sounds like you encoded them at 320kbps. Try purging the existing MP3s and re-encoding at a different bit rate, even if the one you chose earlier was 192kbps or 128kbps.

I'm not entirely iTunes savvy, but that's my suggestion. Start over from scratch.
is that the file size it tells you when in the library view? what bitrate are you ripping them as?

does iTunes create the CD for you?

It could be that you told the software to burn an audio CD.. so it would convert the MP3 tracks to regular CD tracks... in which case your music would be too large.. but sounds like you might be ripping at too high a bitrate.

128kbps MP3's should be 1mB per minute of music.
They're too small for wave files, which would be what they'd be left at as tracks.

Wave files for audio CDs are generally 30-60MB/song, depending on length and content.
Yup.

Had the bit-rates off the map.

I'll have to start over. :(
ANTHONYD,Jan 4 2006, 07:14 PM Wrote:Yup.

Had the bit-rates off the map.

I'll have to start over. :(
[right][snapback]163309[/snapback][/right]

but think of the sound quality!!!

you should really rip to AAC, and then transcode to MP3's when burning CDs and stuff. AAC gives you so much flexibility because it's such high quality.

my one beef with iTunes...

I downloaded the new gorillas CD.. yup, I bought it from iTunes music store.

Now I want to convert to MP3 so I can drop it on my Sony MP3 player... NO CAN DO! protected files!.. BUT I PAID FOR THEM!!!!!! now I'm going to waste more time and effort cracking and converting the damn files.
What about Nero Wave Editor Puppet? The one in Nero 7 really kicks ass.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 5 2006, 09:00 AM Wrote:What about Nero Wave Editor Puppet? The one in Nero 7 really kicks ass.
[right][snapback]163385[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to see... I'm not familiar with the AAC protection scheme, so it's going to be a tossup.