FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: For All You Saturn Sky Lovers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While it still doesn't blow me away, I will agree that its 10 times nicer than the Solstice.

[Image: 295qy.jpg]

[Image: 285co.jpg]
they should move the exhause tip to that little area right in the middle.
FocusGuy7476,Jan 4 2006, 02:07 PM Wrote:they should move the exhause tip to that little area right in the middle.
[right][snapback]163234[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Thats where they had it on their concept...
Yeah... that side-mount on a car that interesting screams "Pontiac Sunfire v2.0" :lol:
lets hope they make a redline version of this and give it the turbocharged 2.0L ecotec that they are putttin in the solstice GTP!!!!
I'd buy it over a miata for looks alone...

I hope the solstice dies like the new thunderbird did.
Solstice=Aztek of the roadster world?.....Well maybe not THAT bad....
darkpuppet,Jan 6 2006, 03:48 PM Wrote:I'd buy it over a miata for looks alone...

I hope the solstice dies like the new thunderbird did.
[right][snapback]163618[/snapback][/right]

i love the t-bird.

I like the Solstice. What's wrong with it?
Aka,Jan 6 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:I like the Solstice. What's wrong with it?
[right][snapback]163646[/snapback][/right]

I 2nd that, in a year, year and half i'll prolly start looking for a lighty used one.
Aka,Jan 6 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:I like the Solstice. What's wrong with it?
[right][snapback]163646[/snapback][/right]

It's slow

It's Cheaply Made

It Looks Cheap

The 4 that I've worked on have body panels that don't line up!

The roof is cheap and can let in water easily

The taillights, headlights, and foglights are very cheap and as plain as you can possibly get

Its still $33,000, and for that I'd rather have so many better cars!

Is that enough?

The trunk is big enough for 2 pairs of shoes and maybe a small bag

The 18" rims are as boring as chrome rims can get!

The honeycomb inserts front and rear scream 'junk'

The top isnt powered!

The mats look like the mats from an explorer sporttrac!

So much plastic, its not even funny

A whopping 177HP in a massive 2.4L 4-banger

...I could go on and on about how much the solstice sucks!
Aren't they $26,000?

Anyway, I think it's a nice car, I imagine the Saturn is gonna be more or less the same. That or more expensive.

I'll never buy one, but I like how it looks.
Aka,Jan 7 2006, 02:35 AM Wrote:Aren't they $26,000?

Anyway, I think it's a nice car, I imagine the Saturn is gonna be more or less the same. That or more expensive.

I'll never buy one, but I like how it looks.
[right][snapback]163676[/snapback][/right]

The sticker on the solstice I worked on yesterday was $33, 2**

Cant remember the last 2 digits but it was $33, and change
I'd love to see a Redline Sky too. What I'd really like to see is a Redline Sky hardtop coupe; I'm not a big convertible fan.
The solstice starts @ 25,695 but has no power locks, power mirrors or anything. Basically a stripped down sunfire with A/C. When you get up to $34,XXX you get the power everything, leather seats, all the goodies. Not a cheap car when fully loaded but the handling is pretty damn good. 245/45/18 tires all the way around give it some damn good grip. I would never buy the car but I believe it's finally a large step forward for GM. The Sky is better looking but the Solstice is far from being the next Aztek.
MAlby7,Jan 7 2006, 02:24 PM Wrote:....... but the handling is pretty damn good.  245/45/18 tires all the way around give it some damn good grip. [right][snapback]163699[/snapback][/right]

From what I have been reading elsewhere the handling and tires were one of the biggest complaints about the Solstice. Most reviews call it a car that people will buy for the look not for good handling. It pales handling wise in comparison to the competition (Mazda).

I'm paraphrasing but I remember one quote: "they had ten years to copy the Miata how come they did such a bad job?"