FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ottawa Area G2g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought that we should finally have a G2G for the members in and around the Ottawa area.

You are all invited to my place, 220 Millroad Way Orleans, Ont.
Saturday, January 28th, 2006 @ 5:00pm.
Phone # 834 7395
I will prepare dinner for everyone. Bring your own booze.

Please let me know if you are interested in coming over so that I know how much to prepare.

If you need directions let me know where you are coming from and I will post you directions.

Natasha
You are a brave but kind woman planting an open invitation of free food to these mangy bastards.
I would love to come but the drive prohibits me.
Have a great time all!
I am in,I live in Gatineau :rolleyes:
Coolsvt, I am assuming you know how to get onto the Queensway East from Gatineau.

Take the Queensway east to the Place D'Orleans exit. It is a two lane exit, stay in the left lane.
@ the lights turn left onto Place D'Orleans drive.
1st set of lights turn left onto Champlain, stay in the left hand lane and watch for the 95 buses.
@ the second set of lights turn right onto Jeanne D'arc Blvd.
Millroad Way is off of Jeanne D'arc on the left hand side. You will pass a four way stop and Divine Infant school, on the right.
You can either park in the visitors parking lot, or in front of the townhouses on Jeanne D'arc.
for the visitor parking lot: turn left onto Millroad way, turn at the first right, just after the speed bump, go to the end of the parking lot and turn left, you are in the Visitor's parking area. My house is the first house on the end of Millroad Way, next to the street.
I'll double check my directions tomorrow to make sure all the street names are correct.

If you need any more info let me know.
Thank you for the info, Can I bring some soft drinks and snacks to help out a bit :D
coolsvt,Jan 2 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:Thank you for the info, Can I bring some soft drinks and snacks to help out a bit :D
[right][snapback]162913[/snapback][/right]

No problem:) Sure you can bring some soft drinks and snacks if you want to.

I am still deciding the dinner menu. I was thinking of a roast pork ( I bought a huge one from the price club and will not use it for myself, way too much for one person), potatoes, corn, yorkshire puddings, and gravy. For those of us with a sweet tooth I was planning on making/baking a selection of goodies that I ran out of time to make over the holidays.
If there is anyone planning on coming over and you have food related allergies, please let me know so I can make an alternative for you.
I would love to go but it's my birthday weekend.
focusonthis_88,Jan 3 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:I would love to go but it's my birthday weekend.
[right][snapback]163100[/snapback][/right]

Have an excellent Birthday:) If this one goes well I will plan to have a BBQ in the spring/summer time.
natasha,Jan 3 2006, 07:38 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Jan 3 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:I would love to go but it's my birthday weekend.

Have an excellent Birthday:) If this one goes well I will plan to have a BBQ in the spring/summer time.
[right][snapback]163106[/snapback][/right]

That one I will go for sure!
natasha,Jan 3 2006, 06:38 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]163106[/snapback][/right]

If you do one in the summer I'll see if I can arrange to be out there. January is too dicey weather wise for a 4 hour drive from Mississauga :(

NefCanuck
I will try and make it, I usually work on sats till around 6, so most likely I will be there 'LURKING' around (LOL) :lol: if nothing else suddenly comes up.
So far coolsvt and 2004ZX3 will be here. Can't wait to meet you guys:) Hopefully a few more people will decide to join us.
I'm thinking there is a chance I can come to this too...dependant on what the training calendar is for me up here in Pet first. But sounds kinda cool...G2G for eastern ontario peeps for a change...cool :)
Hi Guys,

The 28th is this Saturday. So far Coolsvt said he would come, and 2004ZX3 and Drivesthebeast have said maybe. Please confirm wether or not you will be coming, so I can prepare enough food. Thanks

I'll come down, the only things are...car won't stay clean by the time I get there, and secondly....how the heck do I get there from Highway 17/417? I am coming down from Petawawa on the 17 to the 417...
Drivesthebeast,Jan 25 2006, 10:03 PM Wrote:I'll come down, the only things are...car won't stay clean by the time I get there, and secondly....how the heck do I get there from Highway 17/417?  I am coming down from Petawawa on the 17 to the 417...
[right][snapback]167002[/snapback][/right]

Well just come down the 17/417 east going to Orleans. And I think your going to take Jeanne D'arc exit but im not sure...You should ask Natasha.
I am in what time? B)
directions:
Take the Queensway east to the Place D'Orleans exit. It is a two lane exit, stay in the left lane.
@ the lights turn left onto Place D'Orleans drive.
1st set of lights turn left onto Champlain, stay in the left hand lane and watch for the 95 buses.
@ the second set of lights turn right onto Jeanne D'arc Blvd.
Millroad Way is off of Jeanne D'arc on the left hand side. You will pass a four way stop and Divine Infant school, on the right.
You can either park in the visitors parking lot, or in front of the townhouses on Jeanne D'arc.
for the visitor parking lot: turn left onto Millroad way, turn at the first right, just after the speed bump, go to the end of the parking lot and turn left, you are in the Visitor's parking area. My house is the first house on the end of Millroad Way, next to the street.

If you need any more info let me know.

Time: 5:00pm

How was the meet? any pictures we can post in the gallery thread?