FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Third Car..............
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MoPar:

My mom just turned 70, god bless, and her 1991 Dodge Shadow turnend 15 officially.

ZERO problems in 15 years AND NOTHING BUT SCEDULED MAINTENANCE.

It wasn't gently used either, both me and my brother have done "mad rips" to the East Coast in it. The 300,000 are hard earned.
Nice..

a buddy at work has a 1992 Spirit and he is almost at 290,000km....thing looks brand-freakin-new....no rust./..

unreal!
That's the thing that gets me too, 15 winters and no rust at all. My neighbour has one too same thing, mind you his was a BC car he inherited it 3 or 4 years ago.
My GF has a 1993 spirit and the only problem the thing has ever encountered was a rattling (corroded) heat sheild..... Im mighty impressed by the car.
I wish Chrysler built all there cars with that kind of reliability, if it wasn't for self destructing trannys and smoking engines in there Mini Vans they would rule the roost right now. Oh and Happy Birthday to your mom and may she have many more.

Laterz :)
My GF has a 92 Spirit, clear coat is starting to flake off, and it has rust around lower rear wheel well, underneath drivers side view mirror, and around windshield trim....but she bought it used a few years ago and who knows where it came from. Doesn't help either that she almost never washes it.
Yay K-Cars... My family has had an awesome history with them

1990 Acclaim - 302,000KM.
1988 Grand Voyager - 507,800km
1994 Sundance - 323,000km
1993 Acclaim - 352,800km
1988 Sundance - 272,000Km
1988 Sundance - 287,000Km

All of these cars were mechanically sound when we got rid of them for one reason or another. I only wish our fords would serve us this well