FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Events Of 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What was the biggest news story of 2005?

World-wide?

Canada-wide?

Personal story of 2005?

I think the weather situations this year trumped all other stories! The hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes, floods, fires, and the sweltering heat of this past summer!

Also, the death of Pope John Paul II and the terrorist attacks in London were up there!

As for personal...well my year totally sucked...2005 will go down as one of the most unlucky years for me thus far in my life! From the loss of too many friends and family to financial issues, and huge insurance and automobile troubles...I sure wont miss 2005!

Share your thoughts on this past year as we patiently await 2006...less than 24 hours to go!!!
I'm actually going to pick-up that amp from you taday.

Biggest event easily.
I'm gonna have to go with Microbunny's Accident of 2005.. who else agrees?
2005 was the best year for me in a long time. Financially we paid off all our debt except the mortgage, we are looking at improving our housing situation, we both had money at times falling into our laps, we had a lot of fun travelling hither and yon, we seem to be, as husband and wife, comfortably fitting in to each other's lifestyles like an old shoe.

I am going to be the ahole that I am and say getting rid of a cetain deadbeat on this board was the most fun I have had on the net in a long time!

I am still going to be a fuktard in 2006!

Love me or hate me, I don't care.

I love you guys!
I'd say the biggest event for me was... Getting my focus fixed and driving about. Uhmm and i spos another big event was the stupid gas prices fly up and up then a little down. just crazy.
The biggest event for me this year was getting married and hitting the DR for 2 weeks.

2nd was buying the house.

Canada-wide? Not sure, I'd have to get back to you. I'd have to go with the Canadian Juniors winning their tourney back at the beginning of the year.

Worldwide? I agree about the weather. Next year promises to be even nastier, if this year's mild winter is any indication.
World: probably weather, London bombs
Canada: probably that RCMP shooting in Alberta
Personal: good lord where to begin...............
world: the weather
Canada: not sure
Personal:Positive list: meeting Marc, going to two events (even though I almost bailed on both events due to personal crap), spending more time with those who are important to me, Dec, 16th at the salon ( I was spoiled), my nephew's 3rd b-day.
Worst: Brad, thanksgiving Sunday, two roommates moving out, work.
best thing that happened to me in 2005 was finding this website. it's enriched my life 10 fold.

but seriously it's been an over all good year and I would like to wish everyone nothing but happyness and good fortune in the comming year.

::grouphug::
taking a job in wonderful Hamilton been coughing ever since

moving and having a stronger marriage after a certain old bastard from London tryed to talk my wife into staying in london and dateing him becasue he couldn't save his marriage. I am grateful to a certain French bastard for telling me so. Thank you I will not tell them your name. As to that old bastard Hows living with your parents when your 40 serves you right.

happy 2006 everybody
DD1,Jan 2 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:taking a job in wonderful Hamilton been coughing ever since

moving and having a stronger marriage after a certain old bastard from London tryed to talk my wife into staying in london and dateing him becasue he couldn't save his marriage. I am grateful to a certain French bastard for telling me so. Thank you  I will not tell them your name. As to that old bastard Hows living with your parents when your 40 serves you right.

happy 2006 everybody
[right][snapback]162862[/snapback][/right]

Oh, so that's what happened. Enlightening.

We should drink more beer together. And I promise to never ever do that. EVAR