FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sneak Preview Of The Fucus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Had to go down to the bodyshop today, so I decided to take a few pics of the car in it's current stage. Still quite a bit more work to go, but I'm really excited! :)

Everything is really dusty, but I hear everything's going to paint sometime next week, then after that, comes all the little custom stuff I've requested. :)

[Image: Sneakpreview003.jpg]

[Image: Sneakpreview007.jpg]

[Image: Sneakpreview008.jpg]

[Image: Sneakpreview011.jpg]

[Image: Sneakpreview013.jpg]

[Image: Sneakpreview002.jpg]
NICE...coming together eh KAT?

looks alot better than my 05' currently....:(
Ummm.... F2 RS kit!! Nice! Look forward to see the installed pictures.
So your going for a Focus RS American Facelift look ?
Yeah, kind of. This was the only of the 3 kits that I liked, luckily it's the least expensive one. The ROUSH and Saleen are too agressive for me.

The bodyshop guys are makin' fun of me, saying the front bumper is only a 2 - 4 inches off the ground when they test-fit it. Sweeeeet. :D
The reverse hood scoop will be nothing but trouble unless the intention is to create a "show car" and not one that actually works. They are OK if you run just a dozen days a year and have a unlimited team of scientists/mechanics/climatologists on your payroll but in real life you have opened up a lot of problems.

Ask a detailer like "bunny" what, in an engine compartment should be "bagged" before any water is introduced.

For one thing have a spare alterntor in hand, it takes not much more than a few rain drops to F up.

The reverse hood scoop should be reserved for cars where heat evacuation is actually an issue and not for cosmetic reasons, your engine is probably more efficient at the designed tempurature. You have slowed your car down.

2001 ZTS,Dec 30 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:The reverse hood scoop will be nothing but trouble unless the intention is to create a "show car" and not one that actually works. They are OK if you run just a dozen days a year and have a unlimited team of scientists/mechanics/climatologists on your payroll but in real life you have opened up a lot of problems.

Ask a detailer like "bunny" what, in an engine compartment should be "bagged" before any water is introduced.

For one thing have a spare alterntor in hand, it takes not much more than a few rain drops to F up.

The reverse hood scoop should be reserved for cars where heat evacuation is actually an issue and not for cosmetic reasons, your engine is probably more efficient at the designed tempurature. You have slowed your car down.
[right][snapback]162595[/snapback][/right]

I had mine for the "wetter" part of the season last year and had no problems...

I even ran all day through the tail end of Katrina without any problems, and that was a shitload of rain!! And i drove for at least 10 hrs that day, if not more

But the duratec might be a different story it's a little backwords LOL
2001 ZTS,Dec 30 2005, 08:43 PM Wrote:The reverse hood scoop will be nothing but trouble unless the intention is to create a "show car" and not one that actually works. They are OK if you run just a dozen days a year and have a unlimited team of scientists/mechanics/climatologists on your payroll but in real life you have opened up a lot of problems.

Well, good thing my boyfriend is a mechanic then.

The car is not going to be winter driven, and the alternator is not close enough to the scoop, for it to be in harms way. I am not concerned about water induction. Everything is shielded appropriately from the factory anyway. The alternator is already subjected to some moisture due to the fact that there is no splash guards under the engine.

The Duratec engine is flipped 180 degrees.
I stand by what I say and will let time prove me otherwise.
SL8RZZX3,Dec 30 2005, 11:09 PM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Dec 30 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:The reverse hood scoop will be nothing but trouble unless the intention is to create a "show car" and not one that actually works. They are OK if you run just a dozen days a year and have a unlimited team of scientists/mechanics/climatologists on your payroll but in real life you have opened up a lot of problems.

I had mine for the "wetter" part of the season last year and had no problems...

I even ran all day through the tail end of Katrina without any problems, and that was a shitload of rain!! And i drove for at least 10 hrs that day, if not more

But the duratec might be a different story it's a little backwords LOL
[right][snapback]162597[/snapback][/right]
Alright then, when the time comes that proves you right, I'll admit you were right, and you can tell me 'I told you so'. :)
05-BLACK-ZX5,Dec 31 2005 Wrote:Alright then, when the time comes that proves you right, I'll admit you were right, and you can tell me 'I told you so'.  :)
[right][snapback]162604[/snapback][/right]

You shouldnt have said that!!! Now his ego is gonna go......*POP*
WHY DO BODY SHOPS LEAVE THE F UC KIN WINDOWS OPEN????!!!!!?????!!!!!?????
Have fun detailing your interior.
Are you getting rid of those light grey graphics down the side? Improvement No. 1
Easy solution to the hood thing if your mildly worried about it... I made one for a couple civic guys ....

Just get someone who can work in fiberglass to make you a square the same size and shape and just keep it in your trunk. If/when it rains just put it under the hole and byebye water.

Ive seen people do this with cardboard as well.
ANTHONYD,Dec 31 2005, 07:16 AM Wrote:WHY DO BODY SHOPS LEAVE THE F UC KIN WINDOWS OPEN????!!!!!?????!!!!!?????
Have fun detailing your interior.
[right][snapback]162609[/snapback][/right]

I know, I've already noticed the dust/water in my vehicle. But they're going to detail the interior and exterior for me. I sure hope so, I'm probably spending $1000 - $1500 just at their shop. Besides, this was an insurance claim, and they had to replace my entire door. I don't think they've even re-installed the window glass yet, they might when it goes to the paint booth next week. :)

dBlast,Dec 31 2005, 08:07 AM Wrote:Are you getting rid of those light grey graphics down the side?  Improvement No. 1
[right][snapback]162615[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I am. I've been thinking about it for a while. I had graphics before, cuz I didn't have a lot of exterior mods. Now I have a bodykit that they claim will only sit a few inches off the ground...that's an exterior mod worth bringing more attention to. :D
05-BLACK-ZX5,Dec 31 2005 Wrote:Yes, I am.  I've been thinking about it for a while.  I had graphics before, cuz I didn't have a lot of exterior mods.  Now I have a bodykit that they claim will only sit a few inches off the ground...that's an exterior mod worth bringing more attention to.  :D
[right][snapback]162631[/snapback][/right]

That'll be nice with a Calgary winter...I sure dont miss the snow in Alberta!
microbunny,Dec 31 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:
05-BLACK-ZX5,Dec 31 2005 Wrote:Yes, I am.  I've been thinking about it for a while.  I had graphics before, cuz I didn't have a lot of exterior mods.  Now I have a bodykit that they claim will only sit a few inches off the ground...that's an exterior mod worth bringing more attention to.  :D
[right][snapback]162631[/snapback][/right]

That'll be nice with a Calgary winter...I sure dont miss the snow in Alberta!
[right][snapback]162632[/snapback][/right]

Ha ha ha, it's definitely not being winter driven. I have a 2000 Crown Victoria ex-taxi for that! :lol:
Not too bad!

I'm a sleeper-look guy myself and would have gone for speed over style... but hey, it's a sweet setup you have there!
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 31 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:Not too bad!

I'm a sleeper-look guy myself and would have gone for speed over style... but hey, it's a sweet setup you have there!
[right][snapback]162650[/snapback][/right]

So explain why you got an SPI and S2 Styled-Sedan? :lol:
Pages: 1 2