FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need Help! Virus Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help!
My 3 year subscription subscription to McAfee expired 5 months ago and I never renewed or installed a new anti virus program.
Now my computer is doing some funky stuff, can anyone please recommend a good affordable virus scan/removal program?

Thanks
Nathan
I would suggest AVG.
Yes AVG
Go to there website and dnload the latest version. Here is my key just for you enjoy.
75I-TH23V1-P06-C01-S41REJ-VPD-86KD

http://www.avg.com/download-file-stb-triais

Dnload the Internet Security package will all the utilities. Use my key.

Note if my key doesn't work then I have a secound Key too. All real Keys too, they are my personal copies.
just use AVG Free Edition

http://free.avg.com/
I used the free ed. before and it worked grea but there was sooooooo many viruses and trojans that werenèt picked up.
Norton Internet Security actually works, but if you want a free alternative, AVG is what I recommend.
Thanks for the help guys, I downloaded the 30 day trial of AVG.

So far so good.
Oh, one more thing... your best bet is to wait for boxing day each year and get norton for cheap, usually the three liscence version is 60% off at least.
AVG is 100% free if you validate with an email address if memory serves. I've used it for years and found it to be quite robust. Avast is also quite good, and Avast's pre-Windows boot scan is an added bonus to detect virus components before they have a chance to mask themselves when Windows is up and running.
I've found AVG free to be sufficient for me and my family...

I've found norton and Panda to both be very resource heavy... of course, it's been a few years, so maybe it's gotten better.

And Microsoft had partnered with AVG a long time ago, so there's a bit of history there (even though the MS website now has all hte AV logos up there).

Regardless of whatever AV package you use, you still won't catch everything before it hits your machine, so a good rule of thumb is to stop double clicking on pictures ending in .exe