FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stockfish Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... I was booked into Stockfish for today for the UDP install. I had sourced the right belt (well, off by 1/4" so it should work) and was ready to go.

We got there about 20 mins. early so that we could drop it off in plenty of time. We were going to be bored stupid, but whatever.

The Service Advisor that was on (no idea what his name was) said we weren't booked for the install. Keri (our usual SA) had made the appointment last week before we went off for holidays.

He says to me... what's it for? I told him it was a performance upgrade crank pulley. We didn't even get to the fact it was a Focus. I wonder if it was the backwards baseball hat?

He tells me he has no space but if I leave it he can "try and squeeze it in".

I told him hell no cause it was our only ride!

He then says "What about Saturday?". Nope. We're in Garson as of tomorrow afternoon.

Then he says "I can do tomorrow afternoon". Sara says "As long as it's not too late as we have to leave tomorrow". He then says, "Buddy, if you don't stop her from making decisions now... you'll never get to make them soon enough".

:angry:

So, I swallow the urge to hand-feed him his own teeth and then ask if he'll honour the price quoted to me by my usual SA. He says "nope, no idea what it was so I can't touch it".

That's it. I almost dragged Sara out, quickly clipped off a "haveaniceday" and stormed out, slamming the door as I went.

Again, the only reason it didn't turn ugly is because my life is worth more than that dipshit's attempts to get me to snap.

I'm going in Tuesday after work with Sara so we can sit down with the Service Manager and our Service Advisor so they can:

- Assure me I won't have to deal with that ass again.

- Schedule the install right then and there for later that week.

- Apologize to my wife for their employee treating her like s**t right to her face.

I was more mad than she was. She was just dumbfounded that the guy actually said that.

I want to be clear, here. I don't want anything free. I don't want complimentary anything. I want the assurance that that jerk will be dealt with quickly and severely. I hardly believe that this is something that they condone... the degradation of women in society.

/end rant.

I really don't care if it takes another week or two weeks to get the UDP installed. My concern is dealing with this Archie Bunker-wannabe reject.
Send your wife to visit me while you deal with that s**t~!...

shes pretty~~ :)
HAHAHAH thanks for the laugh, man... I needed that!
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 28 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:HAHAHAH thanks for the laugh, man... I needed that!
[right][snapback]162406[/snapback][/right]

I was serious... :angry:

I'd be pissed too mang...no need for that garbage...its almost 2006...tell the fuker to go back to 1950...women deserve just as much respect as men...In fact, if it werent for 2 particularly bright women...I'd be unemployed......
so much for customer service eh..

my GF works at a Midas and the manager there is a dick head too.. we have a large asian population in this town cause of the univeristy and this guy doesn't like asians much. He will openly diss them when they are right there ( I have seen it ) and not care one bit what they think and if they can't speak english well then they're as good as dead with this guy. Now it wouldn't be that bad if it was just asians but this guy does this stuff to anyone that bugs him, just more so to asians. How that place is still open and that manager is still employed I don't know.

I wouldn't take any of that stuff, but if the person said it jokingly I wouldn't be as bothered if they said they were just kidding but still. Don't leave without his balls
Until they make it illegal to hate others....racism will continue

I'm not a racist, per se, but I really have a tough time giving certain non-english speaking people the time of day cause if the rolls were reversed and I was in packy-land or chink-ville, and didnt speak their langauge or adhere to their culture.....do you really think I'd be treated with respect!?

Does it make it right? maybe/ maybe not...but, I defy you to tell me I dont have a very valid point!
microbunny,Dec 29 2005, 01:41 AM Wrote:Until they make it illegal to hate others....racism will continue

I'm not a racist, per se, but I really have a tough time giving certain non-english speaking people the time of day cause if the rolls were reversed and I was in packy-land or chink-ville, and didnt speak their langauge or adhere to their culture.....do you really think I'd be treated with respect!?

Does it make it right? maybe/ maybe not...but, I defy you to tell me I dont have a very valid point!
[right][snapback]162417[/snapback][/right]

so that begs the question. Should speaking the language be part of becoming a citizen??
hey adam, let's plot something while your down here in Garson, i have some friends that owe me a favour or 2 :P lol j/k man, but that does suck, tell sara to go in and kick the bastard in the nutz
nass,Dec 28 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:so that begs the question. Should speaking the language be part of becoming a citizen??
[right][snapback]162419[/snapback][/right]

I think it should...why would anyone want to live somewhere they cannot communicate with others?! Not to mention that its very aggrivating trying to give fair and equal treatment to someone that is the equivalent to speaking with a brick wall!

Nothing worse than listening to a couple of packy's or chinks talk on a crowded bus at warp speed and at a volume that is ignorant to 95% of the population....

I'm sorry but I had a shitty day and had to deal with this filthy bitch that couldnt speak english and insisted that I was wrong about something that was blantantly clear and obvious to any normal person.....But..god forbid that I say anything or disagree cause then I'd be accused of being a racist...
yeah I had to be careful nt to say Merry Christmas cause not everyone celebrates it and might be offended....
nass,Dec 28 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:yeah I had to be careful nt to say Merry Christmas cause not everyone celebrates it and might be offended....
[right][snapback]162422[/snapback][/right]

See...thats another thing..

We cant even say merry christmas without someone getting upset..

again....if we were in packy-land or chink-ville we'd have to adhere to their customs and traditions...and do you think some stankass fish-market vendor is gonna care about our values, customs, and traditions......?

Ya'll know I'm right....whether you admit it or not...you know you cant help but agree, at least in theory, with my points!
Am I banned yet???

ohhh thats right....jay and dan arent in charge anymore@@@@

nevermind!
microbunny,Dec 29 2005, 02:11 AM Wrote:
nass,Dec 28 2005, 09:05 PM Wrote:yeah I had to be careful nt to say Merry Christmas cause not everyone celebrates it and might be offended....

See...thats another thing..

We cant even say merry christmas without someone getting upset..

again....if we were in packy-land or chink-ville we'd have to adhere to their customs and traditions...and do you think some stankass fish-market vendor is gonna care about our values, customs, and traditions......?

Ya'll know I'm right....whether you admit it or not...you know you cant help but agree, at least in theory, with my points!
[right][snapback]162423[/snapback][/right]

yeah you are right if I had my way every immigrant would have to adhere to this country's ways and traditions.You can not come to a country company organization anything and expect them to change their ways to suit you. I would love if IBM changed around to suit my sleeping habits cause I hate the mornings but alas it's not going to happen.

This Christmas I made a point of saying MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone that told me happy holidays, season's greetings or any of the other politically correct terms just not at work cause well I'm not that stupid.

bunny do you want to put on some capes and go around ridding this country of cock sucking immigrants that want to bitch and cry cause Canada isn't like their homeland?
nass,Dec 29 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Dec 29 2005, 02:11 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]162423[/snapback][/right]

bunny do you want to put on some capes and go around ridding this country of cock sucking immigrants that want to bitch and cry cause Canada isn't like their homeland?
[right][snapback]162438[/snapback][/right]

me2. I am a self proclaimed racist bastard.

Merry Fawkin Christmas.
nass,Dec 28 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:my GF works at a Midas....[right][snapback]162416[/snapback][/right]

No Offence, but I always thought you were gay. :ph34r: :lol:

Must of been the hasselhoff av. <_<

Nothing wrong if you are gay though. :lol: :P

Adam.....

Should of installed it yourself :P (You wouldnt have gotten any of this BS and would have felt like a big man installing it :lol: :P )

Even just being a girl in the automotive industry is hard. I work in it all week long, nearly 12 hours a day, and still don't get the same respect, or the belief that I know what I'm talking about; especially from customers.

I can empathize with you and your gf.
Flofocus,Dec 29 2005, 04:01 PM Wrote:
nass,Dec 28 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:my GF works at a Midas....[right][snapback]162416[/snapback][/right]

No Offence, but I always thought you were gay. :ph34r: :lol:

Must of been the hasselhoff av. <_<

Nothing wrong if you are gay though. :lol: :P

Adam.....

Should of installed it yourself :P (You wouldnt have gotten any of this BS and would have felt like a big man installing it :lol: :P )
[right][snapback]162445[/snapback][/right]

oh shoot did I say GF? :huh:

and that hasselhoff pic is classic!

[Image: davidhasslehoff-loves-teh-c.gif]

but seriously I'm not gay, not since the surgery

:rofl:
Nate... if I had airtools and a hoist, I'd attempt it myself after seeing them do it the first time. IIRC they didn't even have to remove the wheel to do it.

Apparently you need some mucho gusto to remove that damn nut. Being on the crank, it's understandable.

Sara was less offended than I was, surprisingly.

I was going to go in today, but I'm taking today off to cool down and we'll go in Tuesday. Actually, we're already in Garson. Have been since lunch.

Brian - I'll give you a shout tonight.
UPDATE:

I had a quick phone convo with my SA... she wasn't pleased about the matter at all. I was immediately booked for tomorrow @ 4:30.

We both went to Stockfish after work. We ended up just sitting there with the guy talking about the matter and more for like 45 minutes. If you guys are ever in the woods and want stuff done... John Baldwin at Stockfish is amazing. He probably could have sold me 3 fridges and I still would have smiled.

It turns out that the other SA that caused the problem is the newest guy there, but he (John the manager) hasn't heard anything bad before about him. Still, he let me do all the talking till I was done describing what happened, and then the first thing he did was apologize for his SA. What a class act.

Yes, I actually didn't get anything for free... which makes me feel better about it, believe it or not, and what blew me away was this:

"If you're quoted a price by a particular SA, and that SA isn't there the day of the service, a customer's word alone should be enough for that quote to be honoured should a paper trail not be found about it".

What a guy.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :)

SA is a Service Advisor if I haven't clarified that yet.