FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Should Todd Bertuzzi Be A Member Of Team Canada?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think no what he did was the worst sort of cheap act. What sort of example does this set?

I voted no because I dont even think he should be allowed in the NHL after that cheap shot, and plus hes not playing very well so far.
Flofocus,Dec 22 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:I voted no because I dont even think he should be allowed in the NHL after that cheap shot, and plus hes not playing very well so far.
[right][snapback]162040[/snapback][/right]

i agree, they should have canned his ass. Everyone says that in Canada you can get away with anything and get a slap on the wrist. So now we are going to show the world that its true, by letting Todd represent our country.
I say yes.

I personally think that the whole thing has been overblown. If the guy doesn't break his neck when he falls to the ice then this whole thing woulda just been treated as another hockey incident. Now that being said he did break his neck and it has turned out how it has, but how do you say that Todd Bertuzzi shouldn't be on the team and say that Heatly should be. Heatly killed a person through his reckless behaviour but has a bad work been spoken about him, no.

I think Bertuzzi has tried to make ammends for his actions and at some point you gotta give the guy another chance. So if they think that he can help Team Canada win gold, then so be it.
Should he be a member of Team Canada? As long as he play merits it, then yes. What he did was in the NHL, so should he be playing in the league right now?.....well that's a different question than what you have asked here. My answer to that is no.
I agree that what he did was cheap, but you cant agrue his talent as a hockey player.

I voted no because Spezza or Staal are way better hockey players and one of them would have been a better choice.

I was watching TSN and they were saying how the olympic commitee and the NHL didnt want Bertuzzi on the team because every time he hit the ice, every network around the world would show what he did to Moore, which would make the NHL look bad.
habmann,Dec 22 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Heatly killed a person through his reckless behaviour but has a bad work been spoken about him, no.

[right][snapback]162044[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it was reckless but he didnt mean to kill his friend. :rolleyes:

Bertuzzi purposely sucker punched Moore in front of thousands of witness's.

There is a diiference.
I say yes...... I'm not going to get into my reasons as I don't have the energy to argue.....
Flofocus,Dec 22 2005, 09:09 PM Wrote:
habmann,Dec 22 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:Heatly killed a person through his reckless behaviour but has a bad work been spoken about him, no.

[right][snapback]162044[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it was reckless but he didnt mean to kill his friend. :rolleyes:

Bertuzzi purposely sucker punched Moore in front of thousands of witness's.

There is a diiference.
[right][snapback]162048[/snapback][/right]

Yes there is a difference. What heatly did was far worse. I don't care if he didn't 'mean' to kill his friend, but the fact is he got into his car, drove his car fast and reckless and have his friend and team mate in the car with him. Those are all things that he chose to do he was not forced to do any of that. He was told by his parents friends teammates that he was going to kill someone with his driving and he did. But since it's not on the ice it's not a hockey issue?

what bertuzzi did wasn't classy by any means but one has to think of the mental state while you are in the heat of action. If memory serves me correctly he went after moore shortly after moore took a cheat shot on someone and bertuzzi was the enforcer. He just stepped over the line. He paid the price served his time and has moved on.

you can't move on if you don't letgo of the past.

I vote him on hellz yeah
simple answer..

yes
Hell no he shouldn't be on the Olympic team! Has Steve Moore been able to play hockey at all since Bertuzzi sucker punched him? Nope and so Bertuzzi shouldn't even be playing in the NHL NVM the Olympics.

and while we're talking about people who shouldn't be in the league, Dany Heatley, that reckless moron should be rotting in a jail cell nvm playing hockey, but as they say justice is blind (and deaf, dumb and stupid at times <_< )

NefCanuck
Not a fawkin chance.
I said yes

The man payed his dues to society with forfitted salary,community service,year probation and didn't play hockey for like 2 years.

Steve Moore will play hockey again if someone is willing to take him which i doubt b/c he sucks for one thing, and 2 all he is doing now is sitting home and trying everything to collect money so he won't have to play hockey agian. After he got injured he knew he could probably collect big cash so he isn't pursuing chances to play hockey, he'd rather sit at home collecting cash. Everyone deserves a second chance in life, and this is bertuzzi's.

Poeple in the nhl have been injured worse then moore and have come back to play hockey, but moore is a wanker and is a shitty hockey player, he doesn't wanna play hockey, it's not that he can't. The mans neck isn't even broken for fack sakes.

The media is blowing this thing out of proportion to full up the news hour.

If you did the same thing, would you want to endure all this crap from the media and never be able to play for your country and prove yourself????

The guy did a horrible thing but should be be punished for it all his life, no not a chance. Let the man move on and play hockey, for the sake of everything holy people :rolleyes:

My god i think this story get's more attention then karla homolka :rolleyes:
You guys don't get it.

He got a second chance in the NHL.

It is an HONOUR to represent you country in the Olympics, the Canada Cup or any international hockey tournament.

He defaced his own honour.

Don't deface the whole country's honour.
I said yes, let the man play!
Jays2000ZX3,Dec 23 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:I said yes, let the man play!
[right][snapback]162119[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you would have done worse, so your view doesnt count. :ph34r: :lol:
the bottom line when picking the team is SKILL

if he is a good player, which he is than he deserves to play on this team. Last I check morals and what happens off the ice don't get you on or off the team.

and I know he did this ON the ice but would we be having this conversation if the biggest guy in the league started a fight with the smallest guy in the league and recked his face? Probably not no.
So lets see, we got Bertuzzi, cheap shot, ends Moores carrer. Heatly, vehicular manslaughter. And Doan the racist.

Canada looks GREAT, bunch od class acts we got.

Everyone says Bertuzzi "served his time"..."payed his dues".

Whatever.

The guy was suspended from play, does anyone rememeber the lock out? NO ONE WAS PLAYING! yeah that has to hurt.

Community service, RIGHT! Every professional sports player does community service, even when they are not forced to by law!

Slap on the wrist, and now he gets the honor to play for our country. Ridiculous.

He is a good player, but when are they actually going to punish people for the stoopid s**t that they do in thsi country instead of rewarding them.