FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sleeper Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Afermarket company fixes Solstices major weakness-POWER!

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm
Now that would be a sweet ride.

Imagine pulling to a light and the kid next to you still thinks you got the regular crap in there. haha Priceless
For that price, there's ALOT of other cars I'd rather drive......
so for 39000 MORE, you can have an LSV8 with a vortech SC, new suspension and other goodies... so with the cost of the car it would be like 70,000?

but you would be RIPPING some new assholes everywhere!
S2,Dec 22 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:For that price, there's ALOT of other cars I'd rather drive......
[right][snapback]162014[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I completely agree, but its cool none the less.
I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. But like most factory GM's... this upgraded one (imo) isn't really worth it either.
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. But like most factory GM's... this upgraded one (imo) isn't really worth it either.
[right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

My favourite is still the older BMW M5, which will be my next car...
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. [right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

You guys are all driving potential sleepers. Trust me, nobody expects a Ford Focus to hang with them. :P ;)

Flofocus,Dec 22 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. [right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

You guys are all driving potential sleepers. Trust me, nobody expects a Ford Focus to hang with them. :P ;)
[right][snapback]162027[/snapback][/right]

Exactly... ;)
I remember when Mallett was making a name for themselves as being the first company to have a 396 stroker kit available for the then-brand-new C5 Vette. They get the new GM cars pre-productions to start making parts.....

Now HERE is the ultimate sleeper Focus!
http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?t=482827

If I had the $ to spend (c'mon Super 7 :lol:) there's that Powertech? kit for an AT equipped Focus that I'm interested in.

Imagine if you will a Focus sedan with a disabled parking permit that can toast those yahoos in the Mustangs at stoplights and then pull into the disabled parking spot? :rofl:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 22 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:

If I had the $ to spend (c'mon Super 7 :lol:) there's that Powertech? kit for an AT equipped Focus that I'm interested in.

Imagine if you will a Focus sedan with a disabled parking permit that can toast those yahoos in the Mustangs at stoplights and then pull into the disabled parking spot? :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]162075[/snapback][/right]

You won't be toasting any Mustang I drive if I win the Super7 and buy the stage3 Rousch Mustang.

But I'll give you a drive with the preferrerd parking sticker :P
yeah but thats the thing, we know a roush mutsang would be fast.....plus were talking about your fat ass winning a lottery. :rolleyes:

Now the look of a Nissan 350Z driver when the fofo pulls a few cars on him from a role....PRICELESS.

I love sleepers. :D
Don't be hatin Flo when I win and you are still a LOSER!!!!
meford4u,Dec 23 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:Don't be hatin Flo when I win and you are still a LOSER!!!!
[right][snapback]162141[/snapback][/right]

Bah, all I managed to win was $10 and a few free tickets tonight -sigh- $10 twoards the Steeda CAI I guess <_<

NefCanuck
I think that's great... a whole range from relatively mild to 600HP SC'ed WILD. Very nice.

But why explore turbos after offering a sick (yet expensive) SC'ed package?
The solstice is a hunk of trash....

I worked on one 2 weeks ago and it is truly cheap and shitty from top to bottom...

And jamming an LS2 V8 into it is only making it fast/////

still is cheaply made, ugly, and uninspiring!

......isnt that a corvette motor....?? not sure but sounds familiar...
Not to mention they ripped off the the s2000 totally... or is it an s2000 with a facelift? :lol: Who knows with gm and their duplicate cars and many "mfr's". :rolleyes:
The Soltice is a parts bin extravaganza as you can probably find something in that car from allover GM's divisions, wich would explain why the LS2 from a Vette could be shoehorned into it. The Solstice is a nice convertible but I think that the Saturn Sky has the looks to become a classic, hopefully Pontiac finds all there mistakes with the Solstice(if there are any) before Saturn goes to production with the Sky otherwise GM could find itself with 2 craptacular cars instead of 1.

Laterz :)
LS2? I thought the LS1 was a Vette / Camaro motor, LS6 was a C5 motor, and LS7 was the new C6 motor?
Pages: 1 2