FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: We Need This Over Here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.scooterman.co.uk/

I think a lot of us would abuse this service lol
flockin eh
meford4u,Dec 21 2005, 09:34 PM Wrote:flockin eh
[right][snapback]161982[/snapback][/right]

Yes but imagine what the guy would charge ro compensate himself for the huge suck required to ride from Burlington back downtown Toronto at 3 in the morning on a 49cc folding scooter designed to be stashed in a sailboat.

He'd have to take Lakeshore or Dundas the whole way (or save himself time, money and hassle and just call a cab from your house and skip the whole scooter idea).

I can see working within a limited area of Toronto (maybe) but that is it.
you guys do know that he brings you and your car home right? lol...Sudbury runs this idea during the holiday's, it's "operation rednose" it's free, and you just call, they come pick you and your car up, and drop you and your car off at home...then catch a ride with their fellow rednose chauffers...pretty good, specially for christmas parties and such
Vancouver has it, its called Driver Alternative. They'll run all over the GVRD. Difference being they show up in a car, 1 person drives you home in your own ride, the other tails you to get the driver when you get there.

Costs a couple of bucks more than a taxi, but not by much.
Is there any in the East GTA, more specifically Durham? lol Too many times I have had to call a taxi and leave my ride...
Great idea!
Called operation rednose in Winnipeg too. I've used it a few times.
There is a free operation rednose in Newmarket/Aurora Ontario limited to the holiday season. Volunteers will come pick you up and drive you in your car to your destination followed by their vehicle.

Operation Rednose
smith21,Dec 21 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:you guys do know that he brings you and your car home right? lol...[right][snapback]161986[/snapback][/right]

Yes we do, it was glaringly obvious from the original post. :rolleyes:

The point is once he gets someone like Meaford (who lives 60km away) home in his truck how does the designated driver get back to the downtown bars in a safe and timely manner to make another run? That distance on a mini-bike in the middle of the night with traffic like we have is not for the faint of heart plus it would probably take a couple hours. So in reality the scooter man would have to charge someone like Meaford a rate equivalent to an entires night work since that is all he would have time to do and that is probably more than a two way taxi run.
There is a service in thr Oshawa area that is called Keys to Us. They come to the bar/party and pick you up drive you home in your car. I worked with a guy that did that on weekends. He said it wasnt much more than a cab.

All I can say is GIVER!!!!! :beer:

Oh and BTW, they will even stop at the drive thru for munchies on the way home if you want.
The guys on Top Gear did this so they could test out random cars in real conditions or something. Was sorta funny. It was just Hammond and James (I don't think JC would fit on one of those scooters)
We have this in the GTA too. they have been here for a while and the first 5 kms are free as I remember, they did a story on this on CFTO about a month ago.....

Can't remember the name of the company though.