FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ted Rogers, For Tea....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yeah just goes to show you what a bunch of crooks major corporations are. I had it out with rogers when I moved 2 months ago. I accepted their repeated attempts to sign me up on their rogers one bill thing. I figure sure one bill and save 10-15% great nice alright. What I was NEVER ONCE TOLD is that when you sign up for this " service " that is meant to be a convienience to you is actually locking you in for 2 full years with them. Yes you can't remove/cancel your plan with them or else you will pay a $75 ( I think ) fee for doing so. I kept my phone but had to cancel my internet so they pulled my pants down tickled my bung hole and proceeded to tell me I was in a contract and this is what they do to people that break the contract. The chick on the phone didn't even care she was like oh well that's how it is, this is your amount etc...

2 months later and I still haven't received my bill at my new address, and yes I have called back several times to change the address and it never seems to work. I can only assume I am being charged late fees on this..... mmm profit for them

my last payment with them will be a turd smeared cheque dipped in feline urine

thank you come again
= works at rogers....

haha, thank god i'm not in A/R
This all started when the lady's cellphone GOT STOLEN and she refused to pay the bill for the calls made on her account... what the origional article also failed to mention is that this happened back in 1998, when phones were using analog/tdma and gsm was still not arround, also the average minute rate of airtime was 60 cents or so.. so this quickly added up.... Unlike NASS always trying to flame rogers even when there is good news, this linked article is actually GOOD NEWS for rogers, NOT BAD. There have been a lot of stuff going arround in the news lately, even on my SalesCentral there was a bulletin about this and how we should tell them the parts of the story the article failed to mention.
I'll like to say for the record, I'm 100% Rogers free now, it feels great.
paolo,Dec 19 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:this linked article is actually GOOD NEWS for rogers, NOT BAD.  There have been a lot of stuff going arround in the news lately, even on my SalesCentral there was a bulletin about this and how we should tell them the parts of the story the article failed to mention.
[right][snapback]161708[/snapback][/right]

Actually I'd still say the article is bad news for Rogers.. the fact that they're doing something about a problem that happened so long ago. The fact that they've had to fight with them so long and it took until it was publicized in the media for anything to happen doesnt look very good for Rogers.

We dont really have to deal with them around here so I dont have any good/bad experiences with Rogers.
i moved to my current location in Jan 2005. 8 months, 26 2 hour long phone calls, and countless name calling sessions untill I received a correct bill. I think there customer service SUCKS ASS. But I am still a customer thanks to their "contracts".
paolo,Dec 20 2005, 01:12 AM Wrote:This all started when the lady's cellphone GOT STOLEN and she refused to pay the bill for the calls made on her account...  what the origional article also failed to mention is that this happened back in 1998, when phones were using analog/tdma and gsm was still not  arround, also the average minute rate of airtime was 60 cents or so.. so this quickly added up....    Unlike NASS always trying to flame rogers even when there is good news, this linked article is actually GOOD NEWS for rogers, NOT BAD.  There have been a lot of stuff going arround in the news lately, even on my SalesCentral there was a bulletin about this and how we should tell them the parts of the story the article failed to mention.
[right][snapback]161708[/snapback][/right]

"Ms. Drummond and Mr. Gefen also learned that Rogers has fraud-detection software that automatically alerts them to dramatic changes in calling patterns, but often "lets the meter run" instead of protecting customers by shutting down phones that have been misappropriated, as Ms. Drummond's was"

explain the good in that? what advantage does Rogers have letting the meter run? are they looking out for their customer? are they trying to make money off fraudulent usage and stick the customer with the bill? or are they trying to aid in illegal activity cause maybe Ted is a closet Nazi.

if you work for Rogers sure defend the company that pays you. Admit that they have poor customer service, poor practices and a really bad history of screwing over thier customers. Need we go back to the cable fiasco of the 80's?
Here's an OFFICIAL press release from today

ROGERS WIRELESS INC.

Transmitted by CNW Group on : December 19, 2005 13:19

Rogers Responds to Globe and Mail Story

TORONTO, Dec. 19 /CNW/ - Rogers today responded to a story that originally appeared in the Globe and Mail on Saturday, December 17th. The Globe's story described an incident in 1998 which involved the "cloning" of analogue cell phones of senior Rogers' executives. The facts are as follows: The cloning incident referred to occurred seven years ago on a single Rogers' executive phone. At that time, cloning was an industry-wide problem which has been removed as a result of the industry move to digital technology.

In fact, the vast majority of Rogers' customers today are on GSM digital phones, the world standard upon which more than a billion phones are in operation worldwide, and cloning of these phones is virtually impossible. Ms. Susan Drummond's situation had to do with a lost or stolen phone and had nothing to do with cloning. The phone charges have now been eliminated and costs will be reimbursed. Ted Rogers was personally involved and apologized on behalf of the company

--------

Cloning happened on a phone which used an ESN, As far as I know, Bellus phones (Bell & Telus) still use ESN's too. Points for Rogers. Rogers DID offer her back then, to pay a smaller one time fee of $2000 to clear her of the charges, more points for rogers, instead of the $16,000 bill, now is Rogers really the devil for absorbing nearly $14,000 worth of her ballance? I think not, The fact of the matter that the writer for the Globe and Mail had to use the words Terrorist, and Hesbolah, and Cloning, in the title of the article about an incident which not only occurred over 7 years ago but has COMPLETELY NOTHING TO DO WITH CLONING OF THE LADYS ACCOUNT. she openly admitted losing her phone. Another point for Rogers! globe and mail is owned by Bell global media, such a poor stab at trying to hurt rogers, they failed miserably, Another Point for Rogers!

its a Win-Win situaiton for Rogers and Mrs. Drummond. both came out a winner. there is NO NEGATIVE things relating to this article, your commetns on billing and such have nothing to do with this article and should be directed to complaints.dept@rci.rogers.com

01-yellow-ZX3

Focus man, Focus.,Dec 19 2005, 09:37 PM Wrote:i moved to my current location in Jan 2005.  8 months, 26 2 hour long phone calls, and countless name calling sessions untill I received a correct bill.  I think there customer service SUCKS ASS.  But I am still a customer thanks to their "contracts".
[right][snapback]161732[/snapback][/right]

Lol and who's fault is it that you signed a contract with them!? :blink:
01-yellow-ZX3,Dec 20 2005 Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Dec 19 2005, 09:37 PM Wrote:i moved to my current location in Jan 2005.  8 months, 26 2 hour long phone calls, and countless name calling sessions untill I received a correct bill.  I think there customer service SUCKS ASS.  But I am still a customer thanks to their "contracts".
[right][snapback]161732[/snapback][/right]

Lol and who's fault is it that you signed a contract with them!? :blink:
[right][snapback]161738[/snapback][/right]

... And after all that B.S. with a $13000 bill with tons of calls to Pakistan, the woman said she is still sticking with Rogers....
j3rt,Dec 19 2005, 08:21 PM Wrote:I'll like to say for the record, I'm 100% Rogers free now, it feels great.
[right][snapback]161709[/snapback][/right]

Roger's was my last cell phone provider. I am now cell free and loving it.

Suck my balls Ted.
Quote:The phone charges have now been eliminated and costs will be reimbursed. Ted Rogers was personally involved and apologized on behalf of the company

Wow not bad it only took 7 years to fix the problem. that seems to concur with the customer service I got when I was a Rogers victim.
j3rt,Dec 19 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:I'll like to say for the record, I'm 100% Rogers free now, it feels great.
[right][snapback]161709[/snapback][/right]

That's a smart man right there. I hate that !@#$%ing company!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank god the credit card companies don't follow the same rule book rogers does or else you'd get your card stolen, have to pay the bill while they sit back and watch as your account goes up :(

Paolo I'm not trying to be a hard ass with you but you're trying to defend the devil in our eyes. You'll be hard pressed to find someone that will speak anything good of rogers. Most of us had to deal with them one way or another and have had a bad experience and moved on. I live in a Rogers family all our media products are with them and for the only reason that we're all tied into a contract. Once all the contracts are up we're going to try someone else.

I :heart: you
Pay As You Go. I use the damn thing like maybe 6 times a year if I am excessive.

Works like a charm. Heh... contracts? NOPE!

I ditched Bell for less-than-stellar ANYTHING. Never used them for Internet, their long distance packages suck... they migrated the morning cutoff time from 8AM to 6AM years ago without telling anyone... and it still said 8AM in the phone book. How's that for consistency! I took the book to a BellWorld store, they told me it was ancient. I showed them it was a 2004. They said I fabricated it. Yeah, like I have time to dupe a phone book :rolleyes:

That's why I went VoIP with no contract... no worries. $26.70 a month gives me all of North America any time of the day, unlimited... and that's taxes in.

I'm saving $400 and some a year.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2005, 02:58 PM Wrote:Pay As You Go. I use the damn thing like maybe 6 times a year if I am excessive.

Works like a charm. Heh... contracts? NOPE!

I ditched Bell for less-than-stellar ANYTHING. Never used them for Internet, their long distance packages suck... they migrated the morning cutoff time from 8AM to 6AM years ago without telling anyone... and it still said 8AM in the phone book. How's that for consistency! I took the book to a BellWorld store, they told me it was ancient. I showed them it was a 2004. They said I fabricated it. Yeah, like I have time to dupe a phone book :rolleyes:

That's why I went VoIP with no contract... no worries. $26.70 a month gives me all of North America any time of the day, unlimited... and that's taxes in.

I'm saving $400 and some a year.
[right][snapback]161760[/snapback][/right]

who do you have for VoIP? I got vonage for 19.99 500mins North America
VocTel... http://www.voctel.com

Don't knock the website... they're pretty damn good. Over 6 months in, and I have had no reason to consider switching. They're all over Ontario now that I am aware of.

Tell Richard Cook Adam from North Bay sent you :)
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 20 2005, 03:15 PM Wrote:VocTel... http://www.voctel.com

Don't knock the website... they're pretty damn good. Over 6 months in, and I have had no reason to consider switching. They're all over Ontario now that I am aware of.

Tell Richard Cook Adam from North Bay sent you :)
[right][snapback]161763[/snapback][/right]

vonage has been great to me, I am not sure if I am right but I haven't had the box hooked up for about 2 months and I haven't seen a bill from them? is it true that there *might* be a progressive company out there that won't charge you if you don't use the service?.....

hmmmm
nass,Dec 20 2005, 10:15 AM Wrote:Paolo I'm not trying to be a hard ass with you but you're trying to defend the devil in our eyes. You'll be hard pressed to find someone that will speak anything good of rogers. Most of us had to deal with them one way or another and have had a bad experience and moved on. I live in a Rogers family all our media products are with them and for the only reason that we're all tied into a contract. Once all the contracts are up we're going to try someone else.

I :heart: you
[right][snapback]161754[/snapback][/right]

Your problems that your posting about have A) nothing to do with the content of this article thats been talked about... im not defending the company, but if u have a problem with them, take it to the right department, write to the offifce of the president, not a bunch of guys who work for companies OWNED by ted that are on the same car club as u. Secondly, i am just trying to get the message out that this article is all a bunch of lies, and ive proved my point, using cloning and terrorists to get someones attention is really low... the next time i see someone with a problem with bellus, im gonna do the same, not cus i hate bell, but cus if eveyone else want sto act like a dick and deflame a companys problems that got out of proportion ten im gonna do the same to OTHER Companies so it evens out the negative publicity... if u really wanna know, there is no good company, theyre ALL like this, no one is better than the other, if u go to Hell(Bell) you would probaly get mad at a different thing they do...
Pages: 1 2