FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Alternator Whine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Posting this hear cuz it's about my Subaru, not the Focus.

Anyhoo, I have alternator whine over my car stereo, what filter do I require? and where does it install? and where should I buy?
Go ask on the Subbie site.

We don't care
it could just be the grounding of your system i believe .. try checking the ground wires
The Toronto Subaru site has an error everytime I try to join. And you guys are generally pretty friendly, except you, you're an asshole 99.99% of the time.
Aka,Dec 18 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:The Toronto Subaru site has an error everytime I try to join. And you guys are generally pretty friendly, except you, you're an asshole 99.99% of the time.
[right][snapback]161529[/snapback][/right]
And your pretty intellegent 0% of the time.

I see dumb people.
schade,Dec 18 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:it could just be the grounding of your system i believe .. try checking the ground wires
[right][snapback]161528[/snapback][/right]
I'll check it tomorrow.
Turn it up, it'll sound S/Ced? :P

The bearings could be wearing out, the pulley could be binding, etc etc.

Does it sound like it's scraping or is it just a whine?
Just a whine. Goes away when I turn the stereo off.

And seriously, when I first drove it home it sounded like yeah a supercharger or turbo or something and I kept thinking "I never saw that under the hood" but then I started playing with things and figured out what it was.
Aka,Dec 18 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:The Toronto Subaru site has an error everytime I try to join. And you guys are generally pretty friendly, except you, you're an asshole 99.99% of the time.

Meford = Pwn3d!

check your voltages. make sure the alternator is charging correctly, if it is, make sure your engine and stereo grounds are good...

a good site for subaru tech is

http://www.nasioc.com

scoobasteve,Dec 19 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:

Meford = Pwn3d!

check your voltages. make sure the alternator is charging correctly, if it is, make sure your engine and stereo grounds are good...

[right][snapback]161627[/snapback][/right]

Don't venture into the OT... :ph34r:
I can here that whine all the way in Burlington.

WHA WHA WHA I bought a box. And now I have a problem

WHA WHA WHA

scoobasteve,Dec 19 2005, 03:19 PM Wrote:check your voltages. make sure the alternator is charging correctly, if  it is, make sure  your engine and stereo grounds are good...

[right][snapback]161627[/snapback][/right]
Joined earlier today and have been reading through.

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 19 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:Don't venture into the OT... :ph34r:
[right][snapback]161629[/snapback][/right]
Too late.... that section has so many people viewing it... 540 currently and the topics are all updating so fast.. I posted in one and like 30 seconds later it was off the page.
uhoh, i hope you didnt post something subaru tech related in teh OT...

you will get flamed!

but otherwise, NASIOC OT... is always a good read.
I posted in a Formula 1 thread.

And posted my "hello world" thread in newbies & FAQ.
yeah that's a bad ground... try to keep your ground cable under 18" and make sure the grounding spot you choose is sanded down to remove paint and is actually a good ground heh. If all else fails you can buy a ground loop isolator.
Well the amp came loose while I was "driving" (ie: doing donuts and powerslides in a snowy industrial area) so it could have happened before I took delivery of it but after I test drove it. Which probably meant he drove the s**t out of it for a day or two before I got it.

Anyway, I'll have to figure out how I want my trunk.
nass,Dec 19 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:yeah that's a bad ground... try to keep your ground cable under 18" and make sure the grounding spot you choose is sanded down to remove paint and is actually a good ground heh. If all else fails you can buy a ground loop isolator.
[right][snapback]161667[/snapback][/right]

OH MY GOD!!!!! NASS = BEST AVATAR EVER

LIGHTSWITCH RAVE