FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 1,150-hp Ford Rs200 Going After
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 130709-a-avon-580op.jpg]

It took 13 years for Rod Millen's 1994 Pikes Peak run to be toppled by Nobuhiro Tajima in 2007. And when Tajima set a new record of 10:01.408 in the Suzuki XL7 Hill Climb Special, there were doubts that time could ever be eclipsed. This weekend, those doubts could be put to rest by Mach 2 Racing and its specially-prepared Ford RS200.

Partnering with Avon Tires, the Essex-based motorsports firm has created the ultimate rally-bred Ford, packing a new turbo that boosts output to 950 hp, and then, for good measure, includes a 70-liter nitrous oxide tank to deliver another 200 hp for a total of 1,150 hp.

Manning the helm is ex-British Rallycross Champion, Mark Rennison, who maintains that the Pikes Peak-prepped RS200 could break the ten-minute mark over the 12-mile, 156-turn course. "If everything on the day goes right and the weather conditions are good beating the 10-minute barrier shouldn't be a problem," Rennison says in the release (after the jump), "But strange things happen at Pikes Peak, it's a unique event." To say the least. Expect the RS200's performance and the rest of the competitor's to be reported on over the weekend.
My god I want to drive that :lol:
Oh god how I love the RS200... :wub:
if a normal RS's motor had to be rebuilt after every 500 miles of hard driving, how long would this new engine last?

christ.. I've always loved the R/S... this is just too cool.

I never thought you could really improve on a group B rally car -- I could be wrong
My brother lives in Colorado Springs, just down from Pikes Peak. I've gotta go visit him before he moves next year!
The view from my nephew's bedroom window:
[Image: viewfromMattswindow.jpg]
The stuff dreams are made of! It'll be interesting to see if they break the record or not!
Get with the times the rally was last week no one broke the 10 min mark a Suzuki took home the unlimited class trophy.