FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Zts Has The Shakes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dunno what's going on! Here in Ottawa, we got about 25cms of snow dumped on us today. So of course, I'm kinda slippin and sliding all over the place. Anyways, earlier this evening, I finally found a clean road and decided to speed up a bit to around 80. Then there it was! The steering wheel and pretty much the whole steering assembly just went insane. It was so bad that things I had inside the glove compartment were vibrating! WTH?! Help! :o
Sounds like wht happened to me last winter. You might have some ice / snow lodged up around the transmission mounts. The car will vibrate like an elephant's dildo if it gets ice up in there.

You've got two options:

1 - take some warm, high-pressure water to it at a coin op. Not sure you're going to get it all.

2 - take it to the dealer / a shop you know that has pressurized water, throw it on the hoist, blow the s**t out of there.

Also, it's possible you've frozen some ice on the inside of the rims and have thrown your wheel balance right off. See above remedy.
Find a heated parking garage and let everything thaw out. If it is still there you have unknowingly hit something like a curb under the snow.
looks like you got steelies....thaw it out...snow likes to pack up in them sometimes...
Well, I'll try all the ideas and see what happens. And yes hardk0re, I do have the steelies. They give the car that Crown Vic Police Interceptor wannabe look! :lol: Thanks!
ive got the same problem but mine also occurs in the summer
Are you sure it's not a few to many bald spots on your tires ? I had major vibration all over my car with the old tires I had on the car, once I got the front ones change it reduced it, then when I relaced the rear tires it totally stoped.
I vote there's packed snow on the inner side of your rim.

Either:

- Let it thaw out;
- Remove the wheels and clean them; or
- Turn the wheels far right or left, take a large bag or something to not get the arm of your jacket/sweater dirty, and just scrape as much as you can on the inner side of the wheel
I vote the clump of ice inside the steelies problem too, unless you went out of your way to free-spin your tires on ice or in snow and throw a weight.

Best move I ever did -- put a hot water connection in the garage.

Nothing like warm water through the powerwasher to remove all that crap.

02ztsian

Its scared of this happening to it!
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=14810
Actually, I left the car outside overnight. Let's just say it pretty much fixed itself. Thanx! ^_^
hehehehe, yeah like everybody is saying, let it thaw out or spray it out...one of the 2.

I was pretty much drifting all week-end. :D You coldnt even see my wheels Saturday night, they were just these white circles with rubber around them :lol: Took my car to the coin wash....got on the highway ans at 80km/hr it felt like the car was going to fall apart. Washed the snow off and I was fine cruising at 110km/hr again. :D

Some people spray their wheel wells with that non stick cooking spray stuff to prevent snow build up.

[Image: bl_cooking_spray.jpg]