FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Dell? Think Again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XPS Review

HardOCP rates the Dell XPS desktop as a 4/10.

Dell sucks!!!
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 16 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:XPS Review

HardOCP rates the Dell XPS desktop as a 4/10.

Dell sucks!!!
[right][snapback]161304[/snapback][/right]
no s**t
[Image: IMG_6356.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6355.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6352.jpg]

I guess I should clean out my storage room
^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?
I'd get a dell, or an IBM, or a gateway etc... but NEVER EVER EVER as my main box. Only as a distributed computing box or something.
They're great for businesses, especially with the option for the Complete Care warranty. You could punt it, snap the HSF and CPU out of the socket... and it's covered by warranty. Same for their laptops.

Also, their Precision workstations haul ass, although they get damn toasty.

For gamers? No self-respecting gamer with a lick of knowledge buys a Dell for that. I think Kyle got bored and decided to pick a fight. We all know (we being computer geeks) that Intel has had its tail soundly whipped by AMD for gaming for quite some time now.
FociPhil,Dec 16 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?
[right][snapback]161324[/snapback][/right]

why,are you interested :)
^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
nass,Dec 16 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Dec 16 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:^^ holy geez, what are you doing? a illegal, black market dell ring?

[right][snapback]161358[/snapback][/right]

I'll trade you my mom
Aka,Dec 17 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
[right][snapback]161432[/snapback][/right]

are you starting to blow brekaers with all the computers, TV's, Etc in your apartment??
That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.
[right][snapback]161495[/snapback][/right]

I told you before I could help you out with your folding things :)
meford4u,Dec 17 2005, 09:16 PM Wrote:
nass,Dec 16 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]161358[/snapback][/right]

I'll trade you my mom
[right][snapback]161437[/snapback][/right]

details pls.
Evil Homer P5,Dec 18 2005, 11:28 AM Wrote:
Aka,Dec 17 2005, 03:57 PM Wrote:^-- I'd take a few if they were cheap enough. Though I'm out of power in my apartment (seriously)
[right][snapback]161432[/snapback][/right]

are you starting to blow brekaers with all the computers, TV's, Etc in your apartment??
[right][snapback]161487[/snapback][/right]
if I turn on the home theater in the other room the power in most of the apartment goes out. There's only a few circuits, not near enough. Older building, they didn't expect, and probably still don't expect people to be using as much power as me.

NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:That's a lot of folding horsepower right there.
[right][snapback]161495[/snapback][/right]
That's why I'd buy a few, though for CPDN instead. Trying to get people to join it is hard though, not many people like the long WUs.
I used to be in the project, back when it went public. I've run both their original client and the BOINC client, but right now my primary focus is Folding@Home.
Atleast it's worth the computer time. Unlike SETI. IMO.
Yeah, did that for 1 1/2 years too. What a waste.