FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warranty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[2002 ZX5 Liquid Grey]

Hello all,

Just wondering I've got the extended warranty on my 2002 focus which will expire very soon. Im currently at 114,000kms...My extended warrantly expires at 120,000kms.

Any suggestions as to when I should actually take it into the dealership. ie..wait till about 119,999kms. I have to pay a 100 deductible to have anything fixed.

When I take it in...what items should have have them thoroughly inspect.

Thanks.
I'd do it now or within 1000 KMs from now, personally. Get it all dealt with before you get wrapped up in spring driving and forget.

I'd have it go for a bumper-to-bumper inspection, CV joints, steering gear, suspension, brakes front and rear, cooling hardware / hoses, inspect the EGR assembly, throttle cable, brake lines, etc.

Anything that you really don't want to have a problem with in the near future.
Most reputable dealers won't do unnecessary repair work. At 120,000 km, provided you are on top of normal maintenance, you shouldn't really have any major issues except for wear & tear.

You can go for a final inspection, but also realize some bad dealers might do something to the car so you'll come in after the extended warranty.
If you do take the car in, then take it in before the warranty before hitting 120,000 km. That way, it's a lot easier to not backtrack mileage numbers for the dealership.
anything under the hood should be looked at, not to mention making sure all your recalls are upto date, not to mention getting things like moisture build up in the lights taken care of too as it's part of your warentee.