FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Merry Christmas To Me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I should know better than this by now but after escaping the city early this afternoon I decided to stop in to see my GF's dad on my way home to see if he wanted to go for a beer. He works at a Pontiac dealer as the senior mechanic and while I was wating for him a sales guy drove up in a black Torrent. Interested I had a look inside and out took it for a test drive and then went inside to price one. The deal I got by knowing her dad was amazing almost 9K off the final sticker!!! Even if I drive it for a bit and then sell it this spring I'll still make at least a few grand.

The only thing that sucks is that because I wanted the premium sound with the XM and the chrome 17" wheels I have to order it, there are none in Ontario with those options. So late next month I'll have lots of pictures to show you guys.

I pretty much loaded it up with every option V6, AWD, Heated Seats, Sunroof, premium sound, 17" wheels etc etc etc.

THis picture is lame but it's pretty close to what I'm getting
[Image: lg_2006%20Pontiac%20Torrent%20Black%20%2...20View.jpg]

Merry Christmas to me! :lol:
Some might remind you that you have had a GM truck before and how well that turned out but I'll just say:

Merry Christmas!

How does it feel to be a minivan owner?
Awesome a rebadged equinox :lol: :P

Congrats on your new purchase, i just would of waited for the Edge to come out next fall.

I always wondered how the chinese built engine is in those, is it smooth,have an power???
Kool_ZX3,Dec 15 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Awesome a rebadged equinox  :lol:  :P

Congrats on your new purchase, i just would of waited for the Edge to come out next fall.

I always wondered how the chinese built engine is in those, is it smooth,have an power???
[right][snapback]161162[/snapback][/right]

I'd have at least held out for the Saab Equinox (9-7x?).
2001 ZTS,Dec 15 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:Some might remind you that you have had a GM truck before and how well that turned out but I'll just say:

Merry Christmas!

How does it feel to be a minivan owner?
[right][snapback]161161[/snapback][/right]

Yes yes yes but this time I have a 100,000KM warranty not a 48,000KM plus no matter how good this thing is I have no intention of keeping it more than a year or two. My problem with the truck was that I used it to about 100% of is rated maximums. I overloaded it towed at or over the limit all the time, don't care who makes it every truck will break a part or two when you try to actually use it.

This time I'm also not making the mistake of leasing the thing.

Minivan owner eh big words from a man with a station wagon!

Kool: It was an impulse buy on the test drive I couldn't think of any other SUV I reall wanted so I figured what the hell. I was going to buy one sooner or later.
2001 ZTS,Dec 15 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Dec 15 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Awesome a rebadged equinox  :lol:  :P

[right][snapback]161162[/snapback][/right]

I'd have at least held out for the Saab Equinox (9-7x?).
[right][snapback]161163[/snapback][/right]

That thing starts at 55K!!!!! I'm sorry for that price I'll get a used X5
Euro Ford Fan,Dec 15 2005, 09:26 PM Wrote:Minivan owner eh big words from a man with a station wagon!

[right][snapback]161165[/snapback][/right]

Wanna race? Wagon vs Bus; loser buys Fish & Chips. Pick the day.
It's new... that's all I can say that'd be nice :P

It's always nice to get new toys :D
Well it looks better then the equinox, the suspension is a little tighter and the interior looks a little better.

Just not a big GM fan that's all, when the edge comes out yah should take it for a tets drive and report back and compare it to the torrent.

It's going to have 250HP so :D

Good luck with it though B)
2001 ZTS,Dec 15 2005, 09:31 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Dec 15 2005, 09:26 PM Wrote:Minivan owner eh big words from a man with a station wagon!

[right][snapback]161165[/snapback][/right]

Wanna race? Wagon vs Bus; loser buys Fish & Chips. Pick the day.
[right][snapback]161169[/snapback][/right]

Race where to the gas station? :P :lol:

For sure in the new year it's been way too long! The tib on snows VS the WRX would be fun as well!
Euro Ford Fan,Dec 15 2005, 09:33 PM Wrote:For sure in the new year it's been way too long!  The tib on snows VS the WRX would be fun as well!
[right][snapback]161173[/snapback][/right]
I'm in.

Sounds like "life" is well with you and me as well. BTW: the WRX is on snows and good ones too:

http://www.yokohamatire.ca/en/products/p...#avswinter

Feeling lucky?
Geez, I thought you would have bought a cool car.

That g/f getting to you? Baby soon?
meford4u,Dec 15 2005, 10:21 PM Wrote:Geez, I thought you would have bought a cool car.

That g/f getting to you?  Baby soon?
[right][snapback]161180[/snapback][/right]

I had my eyes on a G35 coupe but it would leave me with the same problem I have with my tib. No room, can't really do anything with it or fit anything in it. But you sure enjoy driving it.

Lets just say I have a more active lifestyle and I've promised myself a toy for next summer that requires having something that can tow.

Baby :o :o :o Noooooooooooo sir.
minivan.

Simon Simon Simon.

Merry X-Mas nonetheless. :lol:
let me know how it is in the long run, I've been looking at the commertial for a while and i like the looks. I just want to know how it handles in the long run

Congrats and I guess you have been nice all year for a gift like that from Santa :)

Enjoy Simon,

Are you gona paint it like the old Focus WRC???? ;)
i actually really like the torrent. They gave one away on survivor and they showed tons of interior shots and driving up and down hills, looks like a sweet car. Congrats!!
can I work for you?

i want to be able to afford all this bling...

Nice present to yourself but I see that Pontiac still has that love affair going on with the plastic cladding (The grey lower part of the front bumper)

Now let's just hope the gas stays cheap enough so that you can afford to feed the wee beastie (95c/L again this morning in Mississauga <_< )

NefCanuck