FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Great, Now I'm Banned From Future Shop...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It took 3 pimply-faced FutureShop employees to get me to stop dry-humping this. Too bad it's $200

(If you're not a computer geek or a pilot or a gamer, this might not interest you, but......DAMN!!!)

[Image: x52.jpg]

Quote:The most fully integrated PC Flight Control System
Precision engineering, ergonomic design and a detailed fusion of features deliver maximum aeronautical authenticity
Advanced programming provided by Saitek Smart Technology (SST) software
Enhanced gameplay through intuitive Multi-Function display (MFD)
lluminated buttons and MFD - ideal for low light environments
Rubber grips and ergonomic design for increased comfort and fatigue-free gaming
Part metal construction for increased durability and authenticity
Includes Roger Wilco Chat software - the ideal accompaniment for on-line multiplayer gaming

::: Joystick ::
  Precision centering mechanism, non-contact technology on X and Y axes and constant spring force reduce free play, improve control and increase durability
2-stage metal trigger; 2 primary buttons in 1 convenient position
4 fire buttons including missile launcher with spring-loaded safety cover for instant access
Conveniently positioned metal pinkie switch provides shift functionality to double up on programmable commands
2 X 8-way Hat Switches
3D rudder twist
3-position rotary mode selector switch with LED indicators
3 spring-loaded, base-mounted toggle switches for up to 6 programmable flight commands
5-position handle adjustment system to suit all hand sizes

::: Throttle ::
Progressive throttle with tension adjustment, detents for afterburner and idle
2 fire buttons
Scroll wheel with built-in button
Mouse controller / hat switch with left mouse button
8-way hat switch
2 x rotary controls
Smooth-action slider control
Clutch button initiates ‘safe mode’ to allow on-the-fly profile selection, or to display button functionality without activating

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm
Goose!

I'm too close, switiching to guns!

[Image: topgungoose&maverick.JPG]
Woah..... that thing is awesome..... it would take a week just to figure it out. I wonder what or how 'compatible' it would be with current and existing flight software/games.
wow that's nice, but ouch on the tag price.... lol wait till it's on sale for boxing week
I've been fairly impressed with Saitek's stuff... but not that. Dunno why... I'll take my Logitech Dual Action gamepad any day of the week.
Nice but you have to be a hard core flight sim fan to get your money's worth out of that beast :P

(Says the guy eyeing the illuminated silver HVAC knobs for his Focus on Steeda.ca... only $52CDN...) :rolleyes: :rofl:

NefCanuck
SUNCOM RULES!
the $200 is SO WORTH IT for the blue LEDs and the little LCD display! the heck with the rest of it.

*easily amused by pretty lights and stupid crap like that*
NefCanuck,Dec 15 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Nice but you have to be a hard core flight sim fan to get your money's worth out of that beast :P

(Says the guy eyeing the illuminated silver HVAC knobs for his Focus on Steeda.ca... only $52CDN...) :rolleyes: :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]161066[/snapback][/right]

Just go polished aluminum, they're easily seen in the glow of the stereo anyways!

I haven't had a problem seeing mine in the dark as the dial surround and positions are lit anyways :P
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 15 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 15 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Nice but you have to be a hard core flight sim fan to get your money's worth out of that beast :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]161066[/snapback][/right]

Just go polished aluminum, they're easily seen in the glow of the stereo anyways!

I haven't had a problem seeing mine in the dark as the dial surround and positions are lit anyways :P
[right][snapback]161075[/snapback][/right]

I dunno the polished aluminum is nice, but the illuminated HVAC knobs scream BLING! in a way that I like :lol:

NefCanuck
I played with that at radio shack... impressive, nice feel. It made my inner geek stand up and scream, holy noodles batman this thing is uber.

than I put on my pants walked out the door.