FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's A Girl!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Meet Roxie.

Jen's X-MAS present.

1.5 year old collie doberman cross.

She's super smart....unlike her owner.

[Image: IMG_0031.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0029.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]
Cool... a co-pilot so you can't get lost! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm so modded on this one... :ph34r:
Every married (or soon-to-be married) couple I've known has had a kid within 2 years of buying a dog. the countdown begins!

So CONGRATULATIONS!

Other quick come-backs:
So there's another reason to cancel on plans!
Hope you like your xbox chewed!
How long before you teach it to fetch beer?
A long hair dog would have been better equipped for polishing wheels.
Is your next purchase a jar of peanut butter?
Have fun with that!

I have a friend who is giving away pure bred golden labs if anyone is interested.

That was about 10 days ago but i can check if they aren't all gone.

Thats cool Anthony. :)

The dog is 1.5 years old so if it was trained right it shouldnt be chewing TO much. Make sure you give her lots of chew toys and praise her when shes chewing on THOSE toys. ;)

You can have the shittiest day at work/personal life. etc, and come home to your dog that is releived to finally see you. Puts a smile on my face evrytime I open that door when first getting home from work, no matter how much of a bad day I had.
Congrats Anthony, but that title is a wee bit misleading, you might wanna change it. Thought for a second there you were looking at bouncing bundle of joy, not a bounding & furry bundle of joy :rofl:

Dogs are fun yes, until that first time you have to go walkies when it's -10C and snowing :P

NefCanuck
Nice dog, hope you enjoy her.
NefCanuck,Dec 14 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:Dogs are fun yes, until that first time you have to go walkies when it's -10C and snowing :P
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]160874[/snapback][/right]

My dog will last about 10 inutes in -15 weather. He'll start limping after that cuz he gets to cold. We dont go for to many walks in the winter, which sucks cuz come spring time, Im training him to heal all over again.....
Flofocus,Dec 14 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 14 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:Dogs are fun yes, until that first time you have to go walkies when it's -10C and snowing :P
NefCanuck
[right][snapback]160874[/snapback][/right]

My dog will last about 10 inutes in -15 weather. He'll start limping after that cuz he gets to cold. We dont go for to many walks in the winter, which sucks cuz come spring time, Im training him to heal all over again.....
[right][snapback]160882[/snapback][/right]

My dad's work dog (border collie trained to chase geese away on a golf course) is the same. The fool wants outside in the snow & cold but after ten minutes he tries to levitate holding each paw up in the air in rapid succession <_< (try to put boots on him? right my dad likes all his fingers on his hands thanks :P

NefCanuck
My dog has booties, and a jacket to.

Yeah, my staff Terrier is tuff. :rolleyes: :lol:
Incidentally....I'd like to mention that we rescued her from the SPCA.

What a heart-breaking experience.
ANTHONYD,Dec 14 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:Incidentally....I'd like to mention that we rescued her from the SPCA.

[right][snapback]160909[/snapback][/right]

Even better!!! Good job, too many unloved pets in this world!
ANTHONYD,Dec 14 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:Incidentally....I'd like to mention that we rescued her from the SPCA.

[right][snapback]160909[/snapback][/right]

I'm watching a 5 month old pitbull and 16 week old kitten for the humane society from Dec 21-28th. The humane society in Ottawa has a policy to not give out pets during the holidays....they had an article in the paper for volunteers to give these animals a yard/house to run in during the holidays instead of being stuck in a cage for them :(

Good for you for rescuing her *thumbsup* :D
You're a class act, man. Congrats on doing the right thing.

It's been too many years since I had my Dane, adopted in the same fashion.

Now this has me thinking again...
Soooo, Can I bring my dog to next years meet/BBQ at your place? :lol:

And...and....does this mean were going to have more pet freindly camping trips???? :o :o :lol:

Camping isnt the same without my mut. :P
Dogs were always welcomed to both the camping trips and BBq.

Just bring bags and food.
ANTHONYD,Dec 14 2005, 04:20 PM Wrote:Dogs were always welcomed to both the camping trips and BBq.

Just bring bags and food.
[right][snapback]160934[/snapback][/right]

Not the camping trip. I was specifically told NO PETS for the algonquin trip.