FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If You Had $1000 To Spend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so spring is on us.

driving my focus has been a little... boring as of late. last friday i finally swapped out the 20mm sway bar with a 21mm and now i want to do some more mods!

so, lets say you had a budget of 1000.... what would you buy?

i have already done rims, and i will be installing some hawk pads in a few weeks.

ok, go!
StreetEdition,Apr 5 2010, 02:40 AM Wrote:so spring is on us.

driving my focus has been a little... boring as of late.  last friday i finally swapped out the 20mm sway bar with a 21mm and now i want to do some more mods!

i have already done rims, and i will be installing some hawk pads in a few weeks.

ok, go!
[right][snapback]304525[/snapback][/right]

springs/struts or coilovers, intake :)

unless you care more about appearance, than a nice CF oem hood, black housing headlights, hids, and stuff like that
really good tires and upgraded brakes.
It depends on what components fail in the car since everything is working in top order right now. I do suspect I may need new tires soon, so I will buy affordable but GOOD set of 195/60/R15 tires that should last me another 5 years, and will definitely cost under a grand.
A $1000 downpayment on a Subaru?

Seems to be the trend around here.

:D
well if you own a street edition, I'd buy euro parts.... but that's just me.

if anything I'd more then likely go back to the scrap yard and pull the rear disc set up and a leather interior, and a few other bit my focus dose not have.
Well what do you want to do? Do you want to go fast or feel like your going fast?

Tint, Drop, Exhaust is what i'd do, and that all should be under $500 if you just do springs and a magnaflow exhaust (mufflers and upgraded pipes from an exhuast shop).

Save the other money for a FS turbo :)

500$ wont get u a drop, tint and exhaust LOL unless you buy walmart tint... a cart cannon and ebay springs.

i would slap a early down payment down on the new FS turbo kit for zetec and save until its out for the rest of it LOL now that would be the way to go
Actually thinking about this for a second. I would recommend Intake, Exhaust, header and maybe a tune if you don't want to go NA.
blowjob from a hooker! lot more thrill then the focus will ever get ya!
GFXjamie,Apr 5 2010, 11:28 AM Wrote:500$ wont get u a drop, tint and exhaust LOL unless you buy walmart tint... a cart cannon and ebay springs.

i would slap a early down payment down on the new FS turbo kit for zetec and save until its out for the rest of it LOL now that would be the way to go
[right][snapback]304551[/snapback][/right]

Springs ~ 100-150 (CM Springs are actually decent rates)
Tint ~ 150-200 (Cash Deal)
Exhaust - Muffs/Resonator ~ 200, then 100 for the piping and welding.

so your $500-600.
MBRP Exhaust, 30% tint all-around...go from there...
Thing is, it's kinda hard to suggest how you should spend that $1,000 only because we don't know what you want first, show or go?

If go then intake, exhaust, tune and there's your $1,000 gone.

If whoa brakes and suspension are where the $ should go.

Looks maybe a used bodykit & paint? :unsure:

NefCanuck
StreetEdition,Apr 5 2010, 02:40 AM Wrote:so spring is on us.

driving my focus has been a little... boring as of late.  last friday i finally swapped out the 20mm sway bar with a 21mm and now i want to do some more mods!

ok, go!
[right][snapback]304525[/snapback][/right]
If your ZX5 is floating on a stock suspension IMO the first thing you should do is lower it ... that will really add to the look of your new rims, and it will greatly enhance whatever you do after that - whether it be for looks or for performance.
hey everyone, im glad i got all kinds of responses.. good discussions!

i think i'm just looking for mods that I can do myself.. I've mainly only stuck to installing ICE.

Lowering springs are definately at the top of my list.. My ride looks kinda funny with the new wheels/tires and the factory height..

I definately think I will do a short shifter for s***s and giggles (just to bring the fun factor back)

The short list includes a CAI. I'm just not sure if I really need to upgrade the exhaust or headers.. I mainly only drive to work LOL
GFXjamie,Apr 5 2010, 10:28 AM Wrote:500$ wont get u a drop, tint and exhaust LOL unless you buy walmart tint... a cart cannon and ebay springs.

[right][snapback]304551[/snapback][/right]

Minor thread hijack lmao, but you think that the kit will have support for the SVT? I know there are some things that usually need to be modded or replaced for it to fit
mo_focus,Apr 5 2010, 12:49 PM Wrote:blowjob from a hooker! lot more thrill then the focus will ever get ya!
[right][snapback]304561[/snapback][/right]
AMEN brotha!!!

And $1000 would buy me a set of tires(2)
mo_focus,Apr 5 2010, 12:49 PM Wrote:blowjob from a hooker! lot more thrill then the focus will ever get ya!
[right][snapback]304561[/snapback][/right]

lol, you might get free gift for the rest of your life too.
So Paolo, you're a free gift aren't you? :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 6 2010, 05:55 PM Wrote:So Paolo, you're a free gift aren't you?  :lol:
[right][snapback]304664[/snapback][/right]
His MOM is.
Pages: 1 2