FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Ride + New Wheels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i decided to take the plunge and got a new ride

So 2 weeks ago i picked up a 2010 v6 Mustang Convertible!

here she is all stock....

[Image: 001.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]

[Image: 003.jpg]

[Image: 004.jpg]

[Image: 005.jpg]

[Image: 006.jpg]

And now with the new 20's i just bought

she's sitting on 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear, with 255/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear

[Image: 009.jpg]

[Image: 010.jpg]

[Image: 011.jpg]

[Image: 012.jpg]

Very nice man. Nice wheels.
According to some experts....convertibles and V-6 Mustangs are for chicks.......
However, I'm not going to listen to my 23 year-old son who doesn't drive....
Looks great, I'm getting jealous of all these new rides. I like the colour, it always brings attention to the car. One thing wrong with it, it needs a FC.net sticker :lol:
Rims look great!
good to see you got rear wheel drive off set for the backs!
theres a lot of mustangs driving around with front wheel drive off set rims on the backs of there mustangs and it looks so terrible.
Looks nice Gord.

You still have the Focus, right?
Uhm, wha? :o

What happened to the ZX3, Gord? And what possessed you to go new over one that was 1-2 years old? The tech in them is identical.
seen this ca rin person...very nice car...loving the rims....still cant say i like the new backend styling i find it looks like an intrepid

ohya so whens the blower coming:p
DaSilva Racing has done a few already His personal one is sitting outside his shop. But im not sure if they have a kit for the V6's yet I hope its not autotragic.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 16 2009, 08:07 AM Wrote:Uhm, wha? :o

What happened to the ZX3, Gord? And what possessed you to go new over one that was 1-2 years old? The tech in them is identical.
[right][snapback]291158[/snapback][/right]

Except for the in car electronics like SYNC & the NAV system (Which may or may not matter to a potential buyer)

There have also been some tweaks for emmissions/mileage purposes that make changes a wee bit more challenging ATM, but hey, that's part of the fun :D

-Looks at the rims- Jesus, those are the same rims I have but at only 17"

If you even wanna sell em later look me up, though 20"s would probably send the AWD system in the Fusion into fits :lol:

NefCanuck
And you guys don't like the look of the rear end with the funky lights that dates back before your time on the old Cougar?

I like it.
I haven't seen a new mustang that really did it for me, but that's looking pretty nice regardless.

explorer express has the x-charger supercharger kit for the v-6's that nets some decent power from a roots blower... and there's rumors that they're working on an intercooled version good for nearly 350-400 WHP... that's what I'm holding out for.
meford4u,Jul 16 2009, 01:20 PM Wrote:And you guys don't like the look of the rear end with the funky lights that dates back before your time on the old Cougar?

I like it.
[right][snapback]291189[/snapback][/right]

I like the sequential tail lights feature, what I don't like is the shape of the talights / rear end.

To me it looks like they pinched each end together on the outside corners just to be "different" whereas the '05 - '09 was a design that more accurately reminded folks of the 60's 'Stangs.

Just IMO, take it or leave it...

NefCanuck
meford4u,Jul 16 2009, 02:20 PM Wrote:And you guys don't like the look of the rear end with the funky lights that dates back before your time on the old Cougar?

I like it.
[right][snapback]291189[/snapback][/right]

Misread your post Brian, at first I thought you were saying you like the rear ends of Cougars that pre-date most of us. Which is cool, to each his own.
Gord congrats on the new pony...You should make a trip from the shwa to the masive meet on Monday.
Tiketz,Jul 16 2009, 04:34 PM Wrote:Gord congrats on the new pony...You should make a trip from the shwa to the masive meet on Monday.
[right][snapback]291198[/snapback][/right]

^x2.

Explains now why all of a sudden you stopped pimpin' the wagon.
Ride looks great, totally dig the new re-design. B)
I like it....I saw this on GTAMC a couple days ago but never knew it was you! My dads over on that board hes got a 01 GT convertible, red, chrome bulitts, name is "csk"
Thanx for all the comments guys!

AND YES i still have the focus!! progress on it has slowed, but i haven't decided 100% on if i want to keep it or not

And yes it is Autotragic, i just wanted a cruiser/daily driver. it's getting a few mods right away, just to get rid of the mod bug. Rims, K&N drop-in and Ford Racing dual exhuast
Congrates buddy but you should have gone with a 295 instead of a 275. It would hide the rim better and look wider and meaner on the road. Either way looks good.
ZTWsquared,Jul 16 2009, 04:58 PM Wrote:Explains now why all of a sudden you stopped pimpin' the wagon.
[right][snapback]291202[/snapback][/right]

I just couldn't get the stupid thing to pass etest, so i gave up and sold it. But on a positive note it paid for my new rims! :D

And if i don't sell those LED tails i'll probably buy another one someday
Pages: 1 2