FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focaljet Super Tuner Challenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, not sure if you heard or not, but FJ is hosting a SuperTuner Challenge at Mid Ohio on the April 1st weekend. Basically they are calling out all the "Focus tuners" to see who has the fastest shop car. Privateers will be allowed to compete also.

This should be a pretty fun event, there's a lot of smack talk and drama already.

I'll be going, hoping to put the smack down on all the carpet queens. Should be a good time. :D

MidOhio is a great track, and reasonable driving distance from GTA.

This would be a great track event for any of your guys to come to, beginners will welcome. You can just treat it as a trackday and not worry about the time trials.
Wow, that's an underwhelming response to a pretty cool event...

I guess this site really is only for bitching about mostly stock Foci?

If they have a barbecue there, will that help? What about... oooh, I'll probably be camping.
I'd like to go.. but it's too early to tell right now. I'm just trying to make it to the end of the year!

not to mention I can't afford to go racing till a bit after May (gotta pay off the car)...
My car isn't worthy of racing.....
Its in April, to far away to give you a solid answer.

Plus, its in the states, I dont like the states.
Sounds like a cool idea I wonder how many people will really show though. I can't see FocusSport coming all the way from Cali for a lapping day.

Hmm rental focus challenge again??
:lol:
Euro Ford Fan,Dec 13 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:Sounds like a cool idea I wonder how many people will really show though.  I can't see FocusSport coming all the way from Cali for a lapping day.

[right][snapback]160674[/snapback][/right]

actually, racing a rented focus might be fun... if there's enough people to make it a mini-challenge, that is.
darkpuppet,Dec 13 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:
Euro Ford Fan,Dec 13 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:Sounds like a cool idea I wonder how many people will really show though.  I can't see FocusSport coming all the way from Cali for a lapping day.

actually, racing a rented focus might be fun... if there's enough people to make it a mini-challenge, that is.
[right][snapback]160675[/snapback][/right]

Rental Focus day.... HAHAHAHAHHA! I love it!

And it's too far away to say for sure if we'd go, either. We're doing a big camping trip this year for our holidays and I am not quite sure when that is yet.
I hadn't posted yet about attending because it would be the boy's decision. It sounds like a blast. But like everyone else has said, it's still almost 4 months away.

Bring the topic forward in February and that gives us all time to reflect and plan.

Christmas is not the time for extra money to be spent on racing events. I don't know about you guys, but I am busy shopping for the families, not thinking about racing in April with the Focus
meford4u,Dec 13 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:Christmas is not the time for extra money to be spent on racing events.  I don't know about you guys, but I am busy shopping for the families, not thinking about racing in April with the Focus
[right][snapback]160691[/snapback][/right]

Well said.
Flofocus,Dec 13 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Dec 13 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:Christmas is not the time for extra money to be spent on racing events.  I don't know about you guys, but I am busy shopping for the families, not thinking about racing in April with the Focus
[right][snapback]160691[/snapback][/right]

Well said.
[right][snapback]160692[/snapback][/right]

He's just sober for a bit... give him time :D
It'll probably be too late to register in Febuary. Mid-Ohio events get booked quick.

I know it's Christmas... but I've started budgetting for this already. $90/month for the next couple months are earmarked.

I actually wasn't expecting anybody to ENTER the race. Was just thinking it's a pretty cool event, and definitely worth "booking" the time to visit.
If we go we race. I am tired of standing at the start finish line and wishing that was me.
P-51,Dec 13 2005, 04: Wrote:It'll probably be too late to register in Febuary.  Mid-Ohio events get booked quick.

I know it's Christmas...  but I've started budgetting for this already.  $90/month for the next couple months are earmarked.

I actually wasn't expecting anybody to ENTER the race.  Was just thinking it's a pretty cool event, and definitely worth "booking" the time to visit.
[right][snapback]160711[/snapback][/right]

do you gotta book to just go watch? I'd just go, bring the vidcam...

I believe focussport is one of the main shops behind this race, as there trying to push there new head design stating that its better than a FR head or even a worked over FR head like mcnews? sells .. so you can bet they'll be there

i'd love to go and race .. but my car is no where near track form ... maybe flo would lend me his and i can test out a turbo focus :D
My problem is I wouldn't know until late March if I could go... I'd love to go, if only to be the only disabled driver on the track :D

NefCanuck
No, I don't think you need to book anything to just spectate. You might have to pay a small camping fee. Though I should mention, it's probably going to be pretty cold at night in Ohio in early April!

Some people are actually worried there might be snow on the ground. I sure hope not, but it has happened.
I was going through the post.. they don't have sign-up info yet do they?

01-yellow-ZX3

Too far for most of us unfortunately.
^^^Yup waaay to far, the SVTOA on track weekend outside of Chicago in Joilet, would be closer for me than this.
Pages: 1 2