FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nokian Hakkapeliitta Rsi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing how we have winter tires for ratings, here goes mine:

[Image: hkplrsi_tuote_iso.jpg]

Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi

After three winters with the H-rated Nokian WR's, I decided to get something more aggressive and "stickier". After a chat with Dave at Steelcase Tires in Markham, I took a gamble on the RSi's.

Nokian tires have a great reputation among European drivers. The RSi replaced the Hakka Q last year that many rave about. The RSI's have a speed rating of R (170 km/h). So, I've had to alter my driving i.e. slow down on the highway, and ease up on my cornering.

I've slapped on over 7,000 km on them, and have noticed some initial wear. But I'm going to attribute that to me putting them on way too early (that early October snowstorm in Waterloo put everyone here in winter mode). The grip is phenominal, especially a few weeks ago on the black-ice-laden 401 or the 4-inches of snow in my neighbourhood. The "brake boosters" in the outer blocks can be heard as more rubber squishing against the pavement when you're stopping.

We'll see how the tires hold up in the upcoming months.
How much were those?
i can vouch for these tires as i have them on right now...wicked f-n tired through whatever get's throwed at you! Had them last winter, and this winter (well, what lil bit of winter we have) and i will not go to anything diff than these.
ANTHONYD,Dec 11 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:How much were those?
[right][snapback]160439[/snapback][/right]

Special pricing B) I think list price would be about $135 to $140 per tire.
That price sounds about right. I tried to get those for the SVT last winter but they could never get the correct size in stock. Had to buy X-ice instead. Hakka's are suppossed to be the best.
winnipegkevin,Dec 12 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:That price sounds about right.  I tried to get those for the SVT last winter but they could never get the correct size in stock.  Had to buy X-ice instead.  Hakka's are suppossed to be the best.
[right][snapback]160584[/snapback][/right]

You will not be dissapointed with the X-Ice.
Cheers.