FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Fanatic Mag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think this might have been covered before, but I'm wondering...where did Focus Fanatic mag go? I am certain that they sold more than enough copies of it to warrant keeping it. I mean, it's only gonna get bigger and better if they release it more often. However, I really do wish there was some info on if they are realeasing a new copy of it anytime soon? I keep going everywhere here in Pet and also in Pembroke that had them before to see if it's come out yet...

Anyone have the same thoughts, or any answers?
I checked their "website", which is really one page on the 5.0 site... and nothing. Absolutely nothing.

No idea, man. I'm starting to think the same thing.
Maybe its on a winter break. I know some car mags don't put out copies over the winter.
think it will be out in spring, and then again in the summer or early fall.
They usually only send out 2 magazines a year. One in the spring, the other in late summer/fall.
FocusGuy7476,Dec 11 2005, 10:31 AM Wrote:think it will be out in spring, and then again in the summer or early fall.
[right][snapback]160383[/snapback][/right]

Correct. Someone from FF.com actually called them up and they said Spring or Summer (I believe it was summer but not sure).
I was under the impression that they were going to start having 4 issues per year now, maybe more, instead of only 2. Would make sense, they keep selling more and more copies, and more and more people are taking interest in the Focus as a tuner car.

Either way, I need another one to read dammit!

Lol
I've had the latest copy in the car for some time now, just waiting for the new one. Every time I checked Chapters they didn't have them. So I was having some doubts too, cause this past issue should have been off newsstands maybe a little more than a month ago. So who knows... :unsure: It disappoints me, that's for sure.
i was thinking the same thing today, went to 3 convienience stores and my work and nothing
Drivesthebeast,Dec 11 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:...where did Focus Fanatic mag go?  I am certain that they sold more than enough copies of it to warrant keeping it.  [right][snapback]160378[/snapback][/right]

You're kidding right?

Aside from a few here I'm as about as close to a "Focus Fanatic" and still be a normal human being as you'll ever get yet I've never bought a FocusFanatic magazine but buy other car magazines often.

There is only a couple hundred people in the whole country who post on Focus Canada (even FocalJet "boasts" just 21,000 members including many like me who haven't been there in 3 years).

The Focus is just a commuter car with some tuner limited appeal and that is it not enough to support a dedicated mag like a Mustang, Honda or Subaru. You can't expect a big US Mag Conglomerate to print for an audinence of a few thousand if that, and I doubt it is that much. (I'd love to see the circulation figures)
2001 ZTS,Dec 11 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Dec 11 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:...where did Focus Fanatic mag go?  I am certain that they sold more than enough copies of it to warrant keeping it.  [right][snapback]160378[/snapback][/right]

You're kidding right?

Aside from a few here I'm as about as close to a "Focus Fanatic" and still be a normal human being as you'll ever get yet I've never bought a FocusFanatic magazine but buy other car magazines often.

There is only a couple hundred people in the whole country who post on Focus Canada (even FocalJet "boasts" just 21,000 members including many like me who haven't been there in 3 years).

The Focus is just a commuter car with some tuner limited appeal and that is it not enough to support a dedicated mag like a Mustang, Honda or Subaru. You can't expect a big US Mag Conglomerate to print for an audinence of a few thousand if that, and I doubt it is that much. (I'd love to see the circulation figures)
[right][snapback]160451[/snapback][/right]

The other problem with Focus Fanatic is that a lot of it is just rehashed information for some of us veterans. There's only so much you can do with a Zetec, SPI or Duratec. Realistically, the amount of customization products isn't there. As 2001 ZTS stated, the Focus is viewed in North America as a commuter car. People are buying it to support the magazine. But when it comes down to it, there's little compared to a Mustang audience.

The info I've heard on FocalJet is that there will be two issues next year. The first issue of the year should have Jet Fest 2005 coverage.

Still, the lack of issues shouldn't stop everyone from supporting the company and buying a magazine or three. I'm happy with a few magazines trickling out.
thats weird, i keep receiving their magazine subscriptions in the mail, and I am trying to be taken off their mailing list too but dont know who to contact.
paolo,Dec 11 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:thats weird, i keep receiving their magazine subscriptions in the mail, and I am trying to be taken off their mailing list too but dont know who to contact.
[right][snapback]160460[/snapback][/right]

You're getting Focus Fanatic subscription requests in the mail? Woot!

Send some this way! :D

Or is it for their other stuff?
I'm not buying a magazine that doesn't check it's sources, and Focus Fanatics don't check their sources..

so many better magazines out there, why waste time with that one?
darkpuppet,Dec 12 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:I'm not buying a magazine that doesn't check it's sources, and Focus Fanatics don't check their sources..

so many better magazines out there, why waste time with that one?
[right][snapback]160557[/snapback][/right]

Your just mad because you don't have a "Cosworth tuned head" :lol: Personally I have 3 on my car........
Oh yeah that SVT DEAN thing..... I remember that.... :D