FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Parts Going On Today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Turns out that my valve cover gasket and my pcv valve are both shot...got the call from Ford in Pembroke about this, and all said and done, it's gonna be in excess of $450. Ah well, first engine related repair I've had to do yet, and the car has over 106,000 on it now, a lot of them are HARD kms...lol
Are you saying they are charging you $450 for a valve cover gasket and PCV valve installed?

Man I am in the wrong business
Valve Cover Gasket: $14
PCV Valve: $10

?????

Where are they getting the $450 from????
Somebody is getting bent over.

Even with labour it shouldnt even come close to that. Its litteraly a 1 hour job to do both. MAX.
hardk0re,Dec 9 2005, 01:59 PM Wrote:Where are they getting the $450 from????
[right][snapback]160167[/snapback][/right]

Its the labour costs of screwing you in the butt!
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 9 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]160169[/snapback][/right]

5.5 hours for labour?

Me dun think so.
Flofocus,Dec 9 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:

5.5 hours for labour?

Me dun think so.
[right][snapback]160170[/snapback][/right]

uhhh okay... :rolleyes:
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 9 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Dec 9 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:

5.5 hours for labour?

Me dun think so.
[right][snapback]160170[/snapback][/right]

uhhh okay... :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]160171[/snapback][/right]

Dood, simple math. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

450 less the cost of parts, then divide that buy the average labour rate of $75.00. I was just guesstimating....

If what hes telling us is true, that job should take 1 hour tops. I could do it for him in 1/2 hour in a cold driveway. Not hard to use a ratchet you know. ;)

AnthonyD and I had this done last year(vavle cover gasket). Not sure if he paid for it, but I did my own and it was a joke to do.
Flofocus,Dec 9 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:Dood, simple math. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

450 less the cost of parts, then divide that buy the average labour rate of $75.00.  I was just guesstimating....

If what hes telling us is true, that job should take 1 hour tops.  I could do it for him in 1/2 hour in a cold driveway.  Not hard to use a ratchet you know. ;)

AnthonyD and I had this done last year(vavle cover gasket).  Not sure if he paid for it, but I did my own and it was a joke to do.
[right][snapback]160172[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Nate, you never cease to amaze me...
Oscar The Grouch,Dec 9 2005, 02:20 PM Wrote::lol: Nate, you never cease to amaze me...
[right][snapback]160173[/snapback][/right]
Good.
Someone get that hillbilly picture and get teh dude to pass the Anal Lube. Seriously.

Get a quote from another dealer.
My son, a mechanic, has offered to do it for you for a lot less.

Cancel Ford and come over to the dream team.
They don't call em stealerships for nothing. $450??? That's just wrong.
for that price I just got my brakes (rotors and pads) and wheel bearing done .......and yes this is including the labour costs.
WOW $75.00 and hour there ? Colony Ford, Concept Ford, and Bramview all charge $93.00 an hour for labour.
I guess is typing mistake...should be $45 :D
$50/hr at Stockfish Ford in North Bay.
The bill came to $438, taxes in. It was to replace the valve cover gasket, then flush the old oil, and run dye through the engine to find any more leaks, then flush it again and put new synthetic oil in. Then they replaced the PCV valve, they also replaced the oil filter, and did an engine shampoo (actually think this was done before the leak tests). So all in all, not too bad. Only thing is, the shampoo they used smells like burning hand cleaner...lol. The car runs like a swiss watch, and it's got lots of balls now...and it's awesome not to have the smell of burning oil coming from the car, making other people think it's a shitbox...lol

L8tr

Oh yeah, I also tried the "Spin and Win" contest again...tried to win a CD silver 2006 Fusion with the 2.3 Duratec and 5-speed with a black interior, 17's, and fully loaded (except leather)...to no avail, I didn't win...lol

L8tz
so bascially its $450 for a valve cover gasket, PCV valve, and 2 oil changes.

atleast its running like a dream though