FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Snow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yay!!!

Except I'm affraid of other drivers...

Have a safe trip to work.
What a farce out there, I love out 4x4ing 4x4s in a Focus. I even got to work earlier than usual.
Aka,Dec 9 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:Yay!!!

Except I'm affraid of other drivers...

Have a safe trip to work.
[right][snapback]160073[/snapback][/right]

friggin huge accident on the way to work. You wouldn't believe the mess. There were flashing lights EVERYWHERE, and the spill covered the full width of the throughfare.

Couldn't get through until the mess was cleaned up... not to mention just how friggin slippery it was..

Next time I'll put the orange juice down when trying to turn off the christmas lights on my way back to the office from the kitchen.
I just work from home, thank the lord for VPN!

No way i'm wasting 4 hours in traffic today! The joys of driving 50km one way to work....
4 minutes to the office... and no new snow. Apparently you guys got the sloppy seconds from upper NY state last night.

BAHAHAHAHA! GTA = pwnt by snow.

*pets laptop* Maybe I'll pull a Hardk0re and go work from home this afternoon.
work :lol:

My work today will consist of shoveling show and playing with the dog I think....
It was fine for me.
\
It took all of 15 min longer than usual.
My drive only took 15 min longer than usual. Spotter 4 or 5 cars in the ditch on the way in tho.
you guys in snow - - haha

toronto people panic when 1 cm of snow is on the ground - wednesday i woke up to 15 inches (not centimeters) in my driveways - the car was a white block in the driveway - and then today (friday) another 8 inches

come on - you guys have it easy!!!!

You know when your driving in snow when your traction control is on so much that it throws your abs light on the dash and you have to turn your car off for 2-4 minutes just to start the traction up again!!!!

take it easy!!
focusnme,Dec 9 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:you guys in snow - - haha

toronto people panic when 1 cm of snow is on the ground - wednesday i woke up to 15 inches (not centimeters) in my driveways - the car was a white block in the driveway - and then today (friday) another 8 inches

come on - you guys have it easy!!!!

You know when your driving in snow when your traction control is on so much that it throws your abs light on the dash and you have to turn your car off for 2-4 minutes just to start the traction up again!!!!

take it easy!!
[right][snapback]160135[/snapback][/right]

i hear that!! in my ZTS, it lights up like a x-mas tree when im in the deep sloppy-ness!! ABS, e-brake, traction control...EVRYTHING BLAZES!

either this week, it was horrible here, city was locked down, and it still only took me 11 min to get to work!! HAHAHAHA
^^ Traction control is for grandmas, wagons and Phil, too... :rofl: :P
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 9 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:^^ Traction control is for grandmas, wagons and Phil, too... :rofl: :P
[right][snapback]160151[/snapback][/right]

Yes tis true...

when its s**t out i take the ZTS...heated seats, remote start, TC and ABS...

the ZX3...none of the above + summer tires= in ditch/wrapped around pole/ cold nuts on Phil
Snow tires are fantastic....

ended up taking 30 mins longer than usual
took me 1.5 hours to do 12 miles. It was fine out there. My problem was having to keep turning around to avoid accidents. Also I had a little fun in a few places.

I was ALMOST at work and a truck infront of me drove into the side of a car and blocked the road. So I had to turn around and go around. Took 30 minutes to do that thanks to all the trucks trying to get out or back in or otherwise blocking the road.

Went out at lunch, everything was fine, no fun at all.
scoobasteve,Dec 9 2005, 01:08 PM Wrote:Snow tires are fantastic....

ended up taking 30 mins longer than usual
[right][snapback]160159[/snapback][/right]

I have brand new all seasons on my car, and it was an absloute great drive to work this morning round 4 am. But I was sweating and over heating because I have the heat cranked to the max all the way to work, only took me and extra 15 minutes to get to work as I have to shovel the walk ways off and dust off the car as it warmed up.
It figures, the closest thing i had to an accident this morning was in the underground parking, when some lady ran the stop sign
I almost hit a number of cars today. They would drive out infront of me, such as making a turn right infront of me, running a redlight (from a standstill, not like they were moving, I could forgive them then as perhaps they didn't think they could stop in time). Trucks deciding they could make it out before i got there, whcih they couldn't but I was forced to stop for anyway.

My favourite was the mercedes that decided it HAD to make their turn infront of me. There was NO ONE behind me, had they waited 5 seconds they'd have complete open road and all the time in the world to do it.
First time I had the Focus out on unplowed roads... The P6's are ASS-TASTIC when the roads are unplowed (about 10cm of snow at 9AM in central Mississauga)

Nearly got stuck several times as the wheels just spun and then slowed to nothing as the TC kicked in :anger:

Next time it snows that much, I'm waiting til the plows come out and work can go fsck itself (I actually made it in on time surprisingly, but just barely, pure idiots on the roads <_< )

NefCanuck
Hugs *hug* the Ranger lol

I cant wait to get 'er lifted with my 31's, oh man.
Snow what is that, oh I forgot I'm in Victoria, it doesn't snow. Sorry B)
Pages: 1 2