FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bandwidth Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i went to bandwidth place tonight to test my work connections bandwitdth tonight after most people have went home

[Image: Bling.jpg]
[Image: th_Bandwidthplacetest.jpg]

Something doesn't seem right... I'll try another... from http://my.cogeco.ca

[Image: th_Cogeco1.jpg]

That's better, and if anyone was browsing, plus the constant "trickle" to Voctel for the VoIP service... that's about right.
Home...
[Image: home.jpg]

Work :lol:
[Image: work_connection1.jpg]
^^ Server 2003? :)
something's not right..

the bandwidth place clocks me at 700kb

but other speed tests on the web clock me at 4Mb

Quote:Welcome to BBR! Run more tests! see forums
2005-12-08 19:38:52 EST: 4045 / 646
Your download speed : 4045 kbps or 505.7 KB/sec.
Your upload speed : 646 kbps or 80.8 KB/sec.
The one from work yeah....
It depends on the number of hops between you and each test, the bandwidth overall and available bandwidth at each segment from you to the test center recording the data, etc.

Not really explaining it for Kev or Puppet (or Scoob :P) so much as for everyone else...

Given what we've seen so far, I kinda wonder about that Bandwidthplace... place :huh:
On the weekend I was hitting 200/200 cuz Rogers was screwed here.

However now I'm hitting what I should.

About 6000/800

I'm running a bunch of downloads so running the test wouldn't be accurate, and I'm too lazy to stop them (some are on another machine).

But yesterday I did peak at 110 KB/s upload, which is over my 800 kbps up, so it's working fine. Running 80 KB/s upload constant right now.

Edit: Also, I use Speakeasy's test from Chicago.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
hmm, im gonna try this at work saturday, and see what speeds i get on my rogers backbone @ work
whatever. 2.3 says I am great

I didn't need a website to tell me so
2.6 here on ADSL
I don't known much about this stuff but:

2.3 on my work provided laptop (Compaq nc8000) from home over a phone line and my ISP is magma.ca

My butt dyno tells me my home is faster than both my offices.

EDIT (next day): goes to show how accurate a butt dyno is, 3.1 at my Toronto Office.
On speed easy
download - 1300kbps
upload - 416kbps