FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada issues latest recalls
july 14, 2009

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some Mercedes-Benz, Kia, Volkswagen, Pontiac, Hyundai, Lotus and Nissan vehicles.

2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Vehicles affected: 14

On certain vehicles, the front and rear passenger-side door latches may have been switched during vehicle assembly. This could result in a passenger front door which cannot be opened by merely pulling on the interior handle, and a rear door that can be opened with a simple pull of the interior door handle, even if locked. Dealers will replace any incorrectly installed door latch assemblies if necessary.

2006-2007 Kia Amanti
2006-2007 Kia Rondo
2006-2007 Kia Sedona
2006-2007 Kia Sorento
2006-2007 Kia Sportage
Vehicles affected: 11,400

On certain vehicles, the stop lamp switch may have been incorrectly installed during vehicle assembly, which could prevent proper brake lamp operation. A malfunction of the switch may also cause the brake lamps to remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released. Additionally, a faulty switch may affect the operation of the brake-transmission shift interlock on automatic transmission-equipped vehicles, so that the transmission shifter cannot be shifted out of the Park position, and may also cause the electronic stability control light to illuminate, and may not deactivate the cruise control when the brake pedal is depressed. Dealers will replace the stop lamp switch assembly.

2006-2009 Volkswagen Jetta
Vehicles affected: 2,388

On certain vehicles, the driveshaft cover plate screws may not have been properly torqued during vehicle assembly. Should they loosen, a knocking sound may be heard when the vehicle is in motion. In the worst case, the screws could loosen to the point where the driveshaft detaches from the gearbox, causing damage to the gearbox housing and leaking oil. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the driveshaft screws.

2009 Pontiac G8
Vehicles affected: 2,781

On certain vehicles, the brake pedal position switch may have been incorrectly programmed during vehicle assembly. As a result, the brake lamps may remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released. Dealers will reprogram the brake position sensor.

2002-2003 Hyundai Sonata
Vehicles affected: 12,023

On certain vehicles, repeated use of the interior door handle may wear the chrome plating on the upper edge of the handle. This may result in a crack or separation between the chrome plating, forming a sharp edge that could cause injury. Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace interior door handles.

2008-2009 Lotus Elise
2008-2009 Lotus Exige
Vehicles affected: 8

On certain vehicles, the bolts securing the rear hubs to the suspension may not have been adequately tightened during assembly. An insecure wheel hub may cause a loss of vehicle control. Dealers will verify the tightening torque of the rear hub bolt.

2003-2007 Nissan Murano
Vehicles affected: 30,171

On certain vehicles, the intake air ducts, which are connected to the intermediate resonator in the engine’s air intake system, may separate from the resonator with engine movement. This separation occurs due to the premature ageing of the material used in the intake air ducts, which causes excessive shrinking. If the air duct pulls off the resonator, the airflow meter will not accurately measure the intake airflow rate, which could result in unstable idling, poor acceleration, or engine stalling. Dealers will replace the intake air duct with an updated version.
Man, I have to take all 8 of my Lotus in for service. ^_^
Geez, you'd figure with the S class and Lotus recalls they would have just called the owners directly <_<

I mean how many people owning cars like that would ever look for recalls anyways? :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 14 2009, 03:11 PM Wrote:Geez, you'd figure with the S class and Lotus recalls they would have just called the owners directly <_<

I mean how many people owning cars like that would ever look for recalls anyways? :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]291057[/snapback][/right]
They do call the owners, these are government press releases issued by Transport Canada; I think they have to publish them whether they notify the owners or not.
The mercedes recall is the best....

could you imagine if it were a more high-volumen line?
So, where are all the recalls for Ford? I'm glad to see there are none. :D
darkpuppet,Jul 14 2009, 10:56 PM Wrote:The mercedes recall is the best....

could you imagine if it were a more high-volumen line?
[right][snapback]291084[/snapback][/right]

"Jeeves, I'm feeling a little like Bernie Madoff in here..."