FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Diamond Lanes.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
meford4u,Dec 6 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 6 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:[ I only go to Toronto under duress and usually at times when traffic is low anyways.
[right][snapback]159665[/snapback][/right]

I go for wings. Wanna carpool for wings next time?
[right][snapback]159676[/snapback][/right]
Lol, ok.

If you twist my arm it'll technically be under duress, right? ;)
47 million for 14km!

Wooooooooooooooow
couldn't they make it so that only certain hours it's in effect? like say 3pm to 6pm etc... and 7am to 9am. Something like that so that the rest of the day it's useful too.

Also, if you're in the lane, and a cop wants to pull you over, do you have to wait till you're allowed to merge? will he fine you if you cut out of the lane in a non-designated spot? will he arrest you for resisting arrest if you wait till there's a designated merge spot?
If I have a multiple personality disorder, do I qualify? :lol:
I go down to California all the time. My sister lives in San Fransico and brother lives in San Diego. The carpool lane is great for getting through the LA traffic. People have lost their licenses for putting dummies in the passenger seat and using the lane (but many women use the dummy, not for the carpool lane, but so the criminals will think the lady is not alone). The carpool lane is a very old idea and about time we get it.
Now if only Ontario would also incorporate California's highway system which only allows big trucks on certain freeways. You would be amazed at how much easier it would be to drive on the QEW with no stinkin semis blocking your view or taking up the prime real estate.
Oh, and in California it is legal to whiteline on a bike. Or at least I think it was when I did :lol:
CanadaSVT,Dec 7 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Oh, and in California it is legal to whiteline on a bike.  Or at least I think it was when I did :lol:
[right][snapback]159754[/snapback][/right]

oh is that when you snort a line while on your bike doing 1.5x the speed limit?

i see people driving in the new car pool lanes and they havent even opened yet, lol!! cant wait till tuesday, tons of motorists will be ticketed.
CanadaSVT,Dec 7 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:You would be amazed at how much easier it would be to drive on the QEW with no stinkin semis blocking your view or taking up the prime real estate.

You'd be amazed at the crippling of the economy and the lack of consumer goods brought on by shutting down the only highway servicing the region to trucks.

They should designate lanes for trucks... make 'em all drive in one lane... when you have 3 trucks abreast trying to turtle pass each other up a hill going to waterloo, you can only wonder what they were thinking.
They'll let the idiots slide for the first couple of days.... than WHAM...The cash grab begins.
Truck lanes would have to vary across the 400-series highways, and that would get confusing for the less-than-intelligent raft of drivers who can't read half of the restriction road signs anyways.

For instance, the overpasses on Hwy. 400 vary so much in height due to settling of older foundations, they force rigs to run the center lane for over 40KMs. This creates problems as the grandma brigades run 95 in the outside lane, and the Mario Andretti fan club does 130+ in the inside.

Where does that leave me, you, and everyone else? Fighting for space on the road.

What would dedicated truck lanes do? If they strive for commonality across Ontario, that places trucks in the center lane... which is against everyone else's setup of the outside lane. How do they fix the 400? New overpasses where they don't meet the required height to run the trucks on the outside lane.

Ick.
nass,Dec 7 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Dec 7 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:Oh, and in California it is legal to whiteline on a bike.  Or at least I think it was when I did :lol:

[right][snapback]159848[/snapback][/right]
Nope. When the traffic gets congested I could keep going the speed limit and also not occupy a space in traffic.

CanadaSVT,Dec 9 2005, 07:00 PM Wrote:
nass,Dec 7 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]159848[/snapback][/right]
Nope. When the traffic gets congested I could keep going the speed limit and also not occupy a space in traffic.
[right][snapback]160180[/snapback][/right]

my reply was better sorry.
Pages: 1 2