FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: And You Think Customer Service At Ford Is Bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's my story. As far fetched and stupid as things might be, it's all true.

On Nov. 7th my wife purchased a bed from the Bay. Not a cheap mattress and box spring but one that retails for over $4000. It was on sale.
They set up an appointment to have it delivered and take the old one away on the 16th. We got a call from them that they would be here on the 16th on Monday Nov. 14th. On the 15th they called and said "we don't have the bed and will be unable to deliver your bed, but we'd like to set up an appointment for next week".

This is where the humour begins. I asked them, why they want to set an appointment for a bed they don't have and the woman assured me they would have the bad and it would be delivered. Nov 23rd is the date.

On the 22nd we were called and told the bed would be delivered between 5-9pm. Great. So we waited. And waited. And at 915pm we called the dispatch and the woman said they were late delivering because of the snow but would be there momentarily. 1030pm and no sign of anyone, we called the dispatch again to find out where the driver was. Just one minute. Oh, I'm sorry, we don't have a delivery for you. In fact, we don't even have your bed!

So now I'm a little pissed. They have now lied to us about a bed and really upset my wife and waisted my time. I called the saleswoman who sold us the bed and discussed the matter with you. Her immediate response was to "get to the bottom of this". I figured she'd call me back that day. Two days later I call her to find out she has done nothing. Time to talk to the boss. I call and leave a voice message.

The saleswoman calls me back 10 minutes later telling me she has located the bad and when do I want it. We set the date for the 30th and I ask her to have someone confirm with me the appointment. She says she can't do that but "It will be there, I guarantee it or I'll get the bed to you for free".

Well you can see where this is going. The next day i get a call and the dispatch center can't locate a bed and may have to reassign my delivery date. The saleswoman isn't in but I leave a message.

She calls back 2 days later. It's time to yell. And I want her to hold up her end of the bargain. Free bed. "I was just joking, sir". But I will deliver the bed for free. HAHAHA. You can't find the bed, let alone deliver it.

On wednesday Nov. 30th there is a knock at the door for the delivery of one box spring from the Bay. WTF am i going to do with 1 box spring. ( we oredered a king) And this tool wanted to take the old bed away! What am I going to sleep on in the mean time?

I never got to talk to the manager. They never called me back after 3 phone messages. I cancelled the bed and ended the farce.

Moral of the story.

The BAY sucks. It's no wonder they are going bankrupt.
DAmmm that is funny, sad, but funny.

take it to the consumer reporting centre and make a claim about loss times as well as them lying about the free bed offer. I'm sure you can get something out of it
It's too bad they don;t have their s**t together...with all the negative press they are getting these days too.

Jenn and I registered our wedding with them. I just hope to god they don;t go tits up before we get our s**t.

On a side note..... we have gotten nothing but OUTSTANDING service from them....Maybe it;s because out registry list is several thousands dollars.
I just got the mail.

Yep, I got the bill for a bed I don't even have.

I am not laughing.
meford4u,Dec 6 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:I just got the mail.

Yep,  I got the bill for a bed I don't even have.

I am not laughing.
[right][snapback]159585[/snapback][/right]

Send it back.

http://www.sleepcountry.ca
Ouch, not good. This one definately deserves to get a formal letter of complaint sent to the Bay, send the sucker registered mail. Hell, if you have an HBC credit card with them I say pay the sucker off and mail them back the peices of the cut up card. :angry:

One screw up? fine, two screw ups? pushing your luck but three plus?

KISS MY ARSE!

Give 'em hell :P

NefCanuck
Sears has awesome service.

When Sara's elliptical was out for the 5th time for service (1st time actually shipped to Sudbury), it came back with the wrong part installed... the display didn't work.

It took about a month to cut through the BS, but in the end we were reimbursed every cent we had spent on it and the warranty when we bought the extended coverage. Every cent.

That impressed me so much we bought our recumbent bike / rower there with a 5 year warranty. So far so good.

Now the other day, a nylon guide wheel for the bottom storage drawer on the new stove comes off. I called up 1-800-4MY-HOME, the Sears service line. The arrogant bitch (dude at that) on the other end informs me twice after confirming who I am that our warranty expires in 2006. I almost snap because we bought the 5 year warranty for the fridge and the stove. He checks again and then informs me the EXTENDED warranty expires in 2010. Tool :rolleyes:

Then, he tells me that the repair tech will arrive sometime between 8:30 and 4:30. I ask for them to give me a 20 min. callout from work so I can go home and meet the tech. He then tells me that's too much trouble, so we can do the call Saturday. I'm like... no, we're busy. Just call me first!

Finally, he takes the work phone down and agrees to have the tech call me before he arrives :rolleyes:

Sears... great service people at the store, great product, but their phone people need a smack in the chops some days.
Myself, having worked for an electronics store and organizing deliveries for big screen tv's, I can't believe this stuff goes on.

In the systems I used, it won't allow you to SELL anything you don't have, let alone schedule a delivery. And I worked for a much smaller company than The Bay.

I can't believe how half assed some big companies are...

Ryan
Dear Lord

They just called to confirm that they have the bed and will deliver it tomorrow in the evening.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that we cancelled the bed. Oh well, they can try and deliver it.

Might as well get a little more excitement and laughs out of it.

can you take pictures of the delivery guys facial expressions...
D-Dub,Dec 6 2005, 09: Wrote:can you take pictures of the delivery guys facial expressions...
[right][snapback]159717[/snapback][/right]

Do it! :lol:
He'll be happy to give me a free bed!
keep in mind if you keep the bed you are giving them the right to treat you like crap again, and again and again, not to mention are you sure they are going to give you the right bed in the first place ?

Call in Cancel it, and go to a better store that has a better customer serivce record like sleep country canada, Ikea, the Brick, Leons, etc.....
I did cancel the bed. That's why i found it hilarious that they wanted to deliver it.

But they didn't show up.

Damn them