FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: This Is What Canada Should Be
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will we still be the Country of choice and still be Canada if we continue to make the changes forced on us by the people from other countries that came to live in C anada because it is the Country of Choice??????

Think about it!

All we have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?

I celebrate Christmas...........but because it isn't celebrated by everyone..............we can no longer say Merry Christmas. Now it has to be Season's Greetings.

It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break. Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday?

We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone, that I am now being offended. But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
This says it all!

This is an editorial written in a
Toronto newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS,
NOT Canadians
MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we
are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,
we have experienced a surge
in patriotism by the majority
of Canadians. However...... the dust from the attacks had
barely settled when the "politically correct! " crowd began compl aining about
the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
However, there
are a few things that those
who have recently come to
our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of Canada being a
multicultural community
has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Canadians.......
we have our own culture, our
own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH/FRENCH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part
of our society, learn the language!
"We Stand On Guard For Thee" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women.......on Christian principles.............
founded this nation..... and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it
on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as
your new home.........because
God is part of our culture.

We
are happy with our culture and have
no desire to change, and we really
don't care how you did things where
you came from.
This is
OUR COUNTRY,
our land, and our lifestyle.
But once you are done complaining....... whining...... and griping....... about our flag.......
our pledge...... our national motto........or our
way of life....I highly encourage you to< BR>take advantage of one other Great Canadian Freedom.......

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

It is Time for Canada to Speak up

Try and design the fucki ng company "holiday card"

Do you know how hard it is to come up with a concept / image that isn't "too Christmasy"?

It's almost impossible.
I'd just send out a christmas card.. and if they have a problem with that, they can send me a kwanza/chanukah/rammadan card.. I promise not to be offended.

p.s.

how many people who celebrate Christmas do it for the reason Christmas is actually around? Christmas is making way for holidays because hardly anyone does it for the reason it was established.

So if people are all secular, why keep celebrating the birth of Christ?

Thank-you Hallmark.
darkpuppet,Dec 6 2005, 09:07 AM Wrote:I'd just send out a christmas card.. and if they have a problem with that, they can send me a kwanza/chanukah/rammadan card..  I promise not to be offended.

p.s.

how many people who celebrate Christmas do it for the reason Christmas is actually around?  Christmas is making way for holidays because hardly anyone does it for the reason it was established. 

So if people are all secular, why keep celebrating the birth of Christ?
[right][snapback]159569[/snapback][/right]

Sadly Christmas long ago stopped being about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and became what I (jokingly) refer to as "Gimmie Day" It's all about the retailers and much crap they can push out at the end of the year.

I'll freely admit to being as guilty as the next one when it comes to the mercantile nature of the holiday but I do still make this a holiday about friends, family and everything else that's important to me.

NefCanuck
God help me I sound like a Christmas card now :lol:
That writer hit the nail square on the head. Thats perhaps my biggest pet peeve ever! Like really don't come to my country and try and change it to fit you. If you want to change something go back to your country and try and change it.

I don't think if i went to china/india or any other country like that and told them that they were infriging on my rights as a catholic that they would care.

If nothing else, i think the americans have it right. When you move to the US you become american first. In canada everyone is something else first ie: italian-canadian, french-canadian....... You come to canada, you want to live here fine. If you want to reap the rewards of living in our great nations, thats fine too. But, and this is the big but, if you want to do all taht then d*mnit you're canadian, and don't complain about the way we do things in Canada.
Bryan,

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Next time we get together, your beer is on me. I'm not joking.

I grew up in Toronto, so I got to see the un-Canadianization of everything I loved.

I was never religious as a boy nor am I now, but they yanked the Lord's Prayer from schools. If they're separating the church from a government institution, I can agree with that. ALL RELIGION should have zero footholds within the walls of a publicly-funded institution. But that's not the way it is. Now there are religious clubs within the walls, all funded by our tax dollars. Do we want to fund 20,000 different clubs in a public school? No, but we are.

Then, they removed God Save the Queen from the morning anthems. Now I'm not the biggest backer of the monarchy by far, but until we declare our removal from the Commonwealth we're still a Commonwealth country. We still have a Governor General and the provinicial representatives as well (Lt. something... brain fart time). Just because you came here from a non-Commonwealth country doesn't mean we have to stop paying homage to our roots, good, bad or otherwise.

And now it gets ugly. Yes, we celebrate Christmas as a time of family gathering if nothing else. Yes we bring presents to family and friends, even tho the holiday is deeply rooted in Christianity. I too can't believe that we're wished "Happy Holidays" instead of Merry Christmas. If someone wants to wish me a Happy Kwanza, I'll wish them a Merry Christmas back. If someone is having a Happy Haunakah, then good for them. Don't remove Christmas from the equation.

I love that editorial. Which paper was it in? Nevermind, I'll google it.

If my grandfather had enough grasp on reality, or if my Dad's Dad was still alive, they'd both be quite irate at this new world we live in... A Canadian no longer for Canadians, but for everyone else who isn't Canadian and wants to dictate what Canada is / will be.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my Christmas cards are Christmas cards, we always wish people a Merry Christmas when out and about, and the rest of the world can do their thing... but I pity the person that tells me I need to say Happy Holidays or Season's Greetings.
Paper-------The Toronto Star

And to all of you, Merry Christmas.
had this exact conversation with a buddy a couple days ago.......preach on.....we need to take back canada
I dont poke fun at other peoples cultures, for example, the jews, i dont call their thing a candle stick., i'll call it what it should be called, which i dont remember the name right now, so they should call MY tree a CHRISTMAS TREE, NOT a holiday tree. Our society `and roots are slowly going corrupted, we need to stop this, Merry Christmas Fuckers! not happy holidays
^^ It's a Menorah if memory serves.

Merry Christmas to all!
habmann,Dec 6 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:In canada everyone is something else first ie: italian-canadian, french-canadian.......
[right][snapback]159597[/snapback][/right]

Molson-Canadian :beer:

Merry Christmas yall. And to those who don't celebrate it, have a Happy Whatever You Like day! :lol:
Who wants to help me put up the "holiday" tree?

and then put out apple juice and banana's for santa becuase he is to fat and portraying the wrong message to children by always eating milk and cookies
I agree 100% with the article! Definately a good read!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
if memory serves me right there is a town out east that has made it a LAW that this season is to be refered to as MERRY CHRISTMAS and nothing else. It will be un-lawful to display messages saying season's greetings, happy holidays etc... and this motion was unanamously passed. I'll try to find the article but it shows that people are getting fed up.

At a past job there were a few guys that put up a small tree with lights and a strand of lights around this time. Well this islamic fellow had a tiff and went to the upper managment and whined about it until he got his way. WHY? it offended him cause it was a religious symbol that he did not believe. Now get this. The same guy that did all that washes his damned feet in the same sink I washed my hands and face because it is part of his religion to wash his feet. I raised a concern about that but nothing was passed cause they were afraid to disrespect him and or his religion.

Piss on all you that don't like our ways. This is not your country and if you want it to be yours you have to accept the laws/rules/customs/etc.. of this country if not get the damn out and shut up. We never forced you to come here nor are you a prisioner.

I gotta go wash my feet in someone's sink now
I remember how pissed I was when I was in the Military and someone caught s**t because their crucifix was visible while wearing the uniform -- now we have turbans ... sheesh....
religion just screws up the world.
nass,Dec 6 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:if memory serves me right there is a town out east that has made it a LAW that this season is to be refered to as MERRY CHRISTMAS and nothing else. It will be un-lawful to display messages saying season's greetings, happy holidays etc... and this motion was unanamously passed. I'll try to find the article but it shows that people are getting fed up.

At a past job there were a few guys that put up a small tree with lights and a strand of lights around this time. Well this islamic fellow had a tiff and went to the upper managment and whined about it until he got his way. WHY? it offended him cause it was a religious symbol that he did not believe. Now get this. The same guy that did all that washes his damned feet in the same sink I washed my hands and face because it is part of his religion to wash his feet. I raised a concern about that but nothing was passed cause they were afraid to disrespect him and or his religion.

Piss on all you that don't like our ways. This is not your country and if you want it to be yours you have to accept the laws/rules/customs/etc.. of this country if not get the damn out and shut up. We never forced you to come here nor are you a prisioner.

I gotta go wash my feet in someone's sink now
[right][snapback]159685[/snapback][/right]

I think I know of that town you are talking about... I believe it was on the news too... The major said for as long as hes the mayor, theyre going to call it "merry christmas" Props to him! And for the muslim guy who washes his feet in the sink, they should have let him use the toilet instead.
Happy Festivus!

Don't like Christmas, english, religion, go home then.

P.S. I don't like religion. maybe I should go home.. To the GTA I guess.
bluetoy,Dec 7 2005, 06:13 AM Wrote:Happy Festivus!

Don't like Christmas, english, religion, go home then.

P.S. I don't like religion. maybe I should go home.. To the GTA I guess.
[right][snapback]159732[/snapback][/right]

We agree on something... completely. WTF? :huh:

Hey Meford, care to tell me what day's Star it was? Not surprisingly I can't find it on thestar.com :rolleyes:
Pages: 1 2