FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Front D/s Suspension Is Toast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sunday moring i was driving into work (canadian tire), after a snowfall of about 4 inches. anyways as i was turing into the parking lot, i started sliding and hit the curb on the other side of the entrance. the parking lot was plowed but there was still a layer of slushy snow about a 1/4 inch deep. i was probly travelling a little too fast for the turn. especially since my tires have very little tread left. (i was planning on buying tires this weekend. after the hit, i could not drive the car cause the front driver side wheel was against the fender wall. so i had to call a tow truck to tow it across the lot and into the garage. thank god for CAA.
Damage:
Control arm buckled
tie rod bent
tie rod end
and the stabilizer end link

rim "rashed" pretty bad, but as of now not known whether it is bent or not.

these are pics i took today since they moved the wheel enough to give it clearence to roll. it was probly about another inch back then in the pics
[Image: IMG_0666.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0665.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0667.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0674.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0678.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0672.jpg]
Whoa... that sucks.

Shoulda dialed in a bit more tail :P

These things happen, you can always see what you did wrong afterwards.

What's it going to cost to fix?
ya if i woulda been thinking about actually trying to slide the corner i woulda pulled the e-brake

im looking at about 260 in parts and depends what they charge me on labour. parts come in tomorrow. plus an alignment and im getting them to throw on some tires too. BFgoodrich Traction TAs---high performance all seasons....decent price and ive read alot of good reviews. i didnt go straight winters cause im not sure when i would be able to get a set a of rims and tires next year. might not be til june.
dude, i unno if it's just my eyes, but your rim does kinda look bent..not sure if it's just me or not tho..anybody else see this?
looks a little bent... but he probably won't have a problem holding air.

definatly does suck though man. how much do you think body repair'll be?
rim looks bent, but that one part is just scraped up pretty bead, the inside of the lip seems to have perfect shape

body repair- ill worry about it in the spring, i think a good body guy and a hammer should be able to handle it, if not, eruo fenders probly.
ZX5focused,Dec 5 2005, 09:37 PM Wrote:[Image: IMG_0667.jpg]
[right][snapback]159504[/snapback][/right]

Dude... they dropped it in the wrong direction!? It supposed to be closer to the top of the fender not the back. :lol:

j/k, that sucks man. That is a lot of bent parts for a hit with a curb. I remember years ago driving a 75 Honda Civic in its first snow thinking I was invincible til I hit a curb. It bent the steel rim and that was it. I replaced it with the full size spare and I was back in business. I think I traded in the car with the bent rim in the trunk.
update:
$583 to fix everthing
that sucks man... I'm running the BF's on my 16's.. and they're not much better than the stockers in winter driving (they're still cheap OEM-type replacement all seasons).... so be careful...
583 dollar bone-headed mistake.

Sorry about your luck man.
I hit a curb too
Control arm and wheel bearing + labour = 350
D-Dub,Dec 9 2005, 02: Wrote:I hit a curb too.[right][snapback]160194[/snapback][/right]
I've been there too a few years back.

Swerved to avoid getting hit by some idiot fishtailing, slid into a curb and bent the LCA, tie rod and the rim. Cost $1100.

Insurance company's advice? "Let him hit you next time." Ofc, I just paid it out of pocket to save the insurance hit.